Career Level Skilled Labour
Experience Previous Experience
Posting ID 1180378
No. of Openings 1
Department Plant Services and Construction
New collaborations are taking place across the Lower Mainland Health Authorities in order to share resources, and optimize care and service.
Facilities Management (FM) provides services for Fraser Health (FH), Providence Health Care (PHC), and the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA). It is a vibrant and dynamic portfolio and one of the largest full-service FM organizations in the country. Its goal is to provide a wide range of effective and sustainable services to support the delivery of health care. We employ individuals in locations across Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley.
Facilities Maintenance and Operations provides hospital site-based stewardship of physical assets including structural, mechanical and electrical systems through programs of preventative, predictive and demand maintenance and long-term infrastructure renewal.
This is your opportunity to perform a variety of maintenance, repair functions, and grounds keeping duties in a Casual Groundskeeper/Maintenance Worker position at Mission Memorial Hospital located in Mission, BC.
Build on your career experience as you:
- Perform electrical repair and maintenance duties.
- Identify nature of equipment problems and perform preventative maintenance on equipment.
- Perform painting and maintenance such as preparing surfaces prior to painting and applying finishes including paint, varnish or wallcoverings.
- Perform plumbing repair and maintenance such as repairing or replacing plumbing fixtures.
- Perform clean-up duties including wiping down machinery, sweeping and mopping work areas.
- Replace fan filters in mechanical rooms and clean fan intakes.
- Perform grounds maintenance using equipment such as a power mower; digs holes; prunes and provides basic care of shrubs and trees as directed; picks up garbage; cleans roofs, gutters and drains.
- Assist in maintaining grounds and parking lots in winter by removing snow and ice.
To join our team, you have:
- Completion of Grade 10.
- Two years of recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
If this sounds like the ideal role for you, here are more reasons why you should apply:
- A career that offers you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and exciting organization with professionals who are excellent in their respective fields.
- Fantastic opportunities for support and mentorship into supervisory and management roles are available as you advance within the organization.
- An opportunity to make a difference every single day in the world of health care.
Take the next step and apply so we can continue the conversation with you.
Employment Type: Casual
Rate: $23.40 – $23.40 / hour
Hours of Work: 07:30 to 15:30 Occasional afternoon shift from 15:00 to 22:00
Program/Service: Facilities Maintenance & Operations
Please reference “mytrades.ca” in your application to this job posting!