Career Level Journeyman
Experience Previous Experience
Posting ID 1407396
No. of Openings 1
Department Plant Services and Construction
Fraser Health Authority is growing, the kind of growth you want to be a part of. With over 25,000 employees, 2,500 physicians and 6,500 volunteers providing a wide range of integrated health care services to over 1.8 million people living in Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley, Fraser Health is the largest and fastest growing Health Authority in Canada. We want you to join us in our growth as you maximize, improve and expand your skills.
Twelve acute care hospitals, BC’s first dedicated outpatient care and surgery centre and a wide range of services in public health, home health, mental health and long-term care facilities. Known as one of the most desirable place to live in the world, these dynamic communities along with inspiring scenery and easy access to an abundance of outdoor activities provide an amazing quality of life.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Relief Full Time Plumber at Surrey Memorial Hospital located in Surrey, British Columbia!
- Reviews work requests and consults with user departments to arrange work schedules and discuss specifications and other project requirements.
- Interprets blueprints, drawings and specifications to determine material and equipment requirements.
- Calculates materials and labour to provide cost estimation of project and makes recommendations as necessary.
- Prepares for work project by confirming work schedule with user department and assembling supplies, tools and equipment.
- Installs, alters and repairs plumbing, medical gas, oxygen, vacuum and medical air systems in accordance with applicable codes and regulations, by performing duties such as bolting, soldering and caulking.
- Installs, test, maintain and repair natural gas lines, appliances, equipment and accessories in accordance with applicable codes.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Certificate of Apprenticeship or Trades Qualification Certificate as a journeyman Plumber
- Class B level Gas Fitter’s License with an electrical endorsement recognized by the Province of B.C.
- Valid Certificate of Competency as a Cross Connection Control Specialist issued by the American Water Works Association, British Columbia Section
Take the next step and apply so we can continue the conversation.
A career with Fraser Health will offer you the opportunity to be a part of a dedicated team of providers in a dynamic and rewarding health care environment. We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage.
Are you ready to work with an experienced and dedicated team and join our commitment to provide quality care to our patients and clients? We invite you to apply today and find out why more than 95% of new employees recommend Fraser Health to their friends and family as an outstanding place to work!
Employment Type: Relief Full Time
Rate: $34.29 – $34.29 / hour
Hours of Work: 07:00 to 15:00
Program/Service: Plant Services and Construction
Please reference “mytrades.ca” in your application to this job posting!