Career Level Certification
Experience Previous Experience
Posting ID 1366961
No. of Openings 1
Department Plant Services and Construction
Do you want to work for one of British Columbia’s top employers? Do you have the skills to perform skilled electrical work at the journey person level? Are you passionate in building your career in electrical including installing, altering, repairing, maintaining and servicing electrical equipment and systems? If you have answered yes to these questions we want you to continue reading!
Fraser Health is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. We are located in Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley, one of the most livable regions in the world, and one of Canada’s largest and fastest growing health authorities. With over 1.8 million people, we serve 1/3 of BC’s entire population and have 33,000 dedicated professionals in our 12 hospitals and other facilities that expand from Burnaby to Hope.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for you to bring your skills and knowledge as a dedicated Casual Electrician/Maintenance Worker V at Ridge Meadows Hospital in Maple Ridge, British Columbia. If you’re someone who is looking for a rewarding challenge, then this might be the perfect opportunity for you!
Build on your education and career experience as you:
- Performs skilled electrical work at the journey person level in the testing, installation, alteration and repair of electrical systems
- Perform a variety of maintenance and repair functions with respect to scheduled and demand maintenance of electrical, architectural, and mechanical equipment on buildings and equipment.
- Perform operational maintenance repair duties related to building systems, emergency power and other related equipment of the facility.
Please read the full job description to see how this opportunity matches your skills.
- Completion of Grade 10
- Two years’ recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Certificate of Apprenticeship or Trades Qualification Certificate as a journeyman Electrician recognized by the Province of B.C.
A career with Fraser Health will offer you the opportunity to be a part of a dedicated team of providers in a dynamic and rewarding health care environment. We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage.
We believe in your work with our dedicated team, come join in our commitment to provide quality care to our patients and clients. Our purpose – To improve the health of the population and the quality of life of the people we serve.
- To be passionate in pursuit of quality and safe health care.
- To inspire individual and collective contribution.
- To be focused on outcomes, open to evidence, new ideas and innovation.
- To embrace new partners as team members and collaborators.
- To be accountable.
We invite you to apply today and find out why more than 95% of new employees recommend Fraser Health to their friends as an exceptional place to work. A 2020 BC Top Employer, we value diversity in the work force and seek to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust.
Curious to learn what it’s like to work here? Like us on Facebook (@fraserhealthcareers), follow us on Twitter & Instagram (@FHCareer), or connect with us on LinkedIn (fraserhealthcareers) for first-hand employee insights.
Employment Type: Casual
Rate: $35.11 – $35.11 / hour
Hours of Work: 7am-3pm
Program/Service: Plant Services and Construction
Please reference “mytrades.ca” in your application to this job posting!