Career Level Certification
Experience 2-5 Years
Posting ID 1321874
No. of Openings 1
Department Plant Services and Construction
Rate $34.29 / hour
Fraser Health continues to be recognized as one of BC’s Top Employers, come join our team!
Fraser Health is responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services to over 1.9 million people in 20 diverse communities from Burnaby to Fraser Canyon on the traditional territories of the Coast Salish and Nlaka’pamux Nations. Our team of nearly 40,000 staff, medical staff and volunteers is dedicated to serving our patients, families and communities to deliver on our vision: Better health, best in health care.
We hire great people for outstanding jobs. We are searching for a Plumber/ Maintenance Worker to provide support within our team on a Casual basis at Mission Memorial Hospital located in Mission, BC. We need your help to expand the ability to deliver timely and professional service. If you are someone who is looking for a rewarding challenge, then this is the ideal position for you!
Build on your education and career experience as you:
- Perform skilled plumbing work at the journeyman level in the testing, installation, alteration and repair of plumbing systems, natural gas piping systems, appliances, equipment and accessories, cross connection and back flow prevention systems.
- Perform a variety of maintenance and repair functions with respect to scheduled and demand maintenance of plumbing, architectural, electrical and mechanical equipment on buildings and equipment.
- Perform operational maintenance repair duties related to building systems, emergency power and other related equipment of the facility.
Your qualifications include:
- Certificate of Apprenticeship or Trades Qualification Certificate as a Journeyman Plumber.
- Class B level Gas Fitter’s License with an electrical endorsement recognized by the Province of BC.
- Valid Certificate of Competency as a Cross Connection Control Specialist issued by the American Water Works Association, British Columbia Section.
- Two years’ recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
If this sounds like the ideal role for you, here are more reasons why you should apply:
- A career that offers you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and exciting organization with professionals who are excellent in their respective fields.
- Phenomenal opportunities for support and mentorship into supervisory and management roles are available as you advance within the organization.
- A chance to create a difference every single day in the world of health care.
Take the next step and apply so we can continue the conversation with you.
Come work with dedicated health care providers who are hardworking and committed to provide quality healthcare to our clients/patients/residents. We invite you to find out why more than 95% of new employees recommend Fraser Health as an excellent place to work. Work hard and have fun while you do it.
Curious to learn what it’s like to work here? Like us on Facebook (@fraserhealthcareers), follow us on Twitter & Instagram (@FHCareer), or connect with us on LinkedIn (fraserhealthcareers) for first-hand employee insights.
Employment Type: Casual
Rate: $34.29 – $34.29 / hour
Hours of Work: 7:30am.-3:30pm
Program/Service: Plant Services and Construction
Please reference “mytrades.ca” in your application to this job posting!