Career Level Journeyman
Experience 3-5 Years
Posting ID 735
No. of Openings 1
Launched in 1998 with nothing more than a used Caterpillar dozer and an entrepreneurial spirit, Bouchier has grown to be a leading provider of integrated site services to the Athabasca Oil Sands region.
From our head office in Fort McKay, Alberta and administrative office in Fort McMurray, Alberta, the company now employs more than 800 dedicated team members and commands a fleet of over 350 pieces of equipment.
With a strong belief in doing the right things in the right way, Bouchier is now one of the largest companies owned and operated by Indigenous peoples in the area providing contracting, construction, and general site services.
Position Type: Full-Time
Schedule: 7 on / 7 off or 14 on / 14 off Rotation
Flight, Camp and/ or Bussing available
Flight Hubs: Edmonton or Calgary
Please apply to this posting with your cover letter and resume inclusive of copies of your safety tickets and abstract.
Bouchier is looking for a Plumber who is ambitious, hardworking and eager to learn new skills while supporting the organization in a variety of roles. The Plumber Installs, maintains, and repairs pipes, fittings, fixtures, and equipment associated with heating, cooling, water distribution, and sanitary systems in residential and commercial structures. Inspects drainage and other plumbing systems for compliance with local and State Codes.
- Read blueprints, drawings and specifications to determine layout of plumbing system, water supply network and waste and drainage systems
- Repairs and replaces domestic hot water heat pumps, chilled water pumps, sump pumps, and sewage pumps.
- Up to date Twinrix shot highly recommended due to potential contact with raw sewage
- Install, repair and maintain domestic, commercial plumbing fixtures and systems
- Keep up to date with current safety regulations and requirements for the various plumbing systems a company installs and maintains
- Locate and mark positions for pipe connections, passage holes and fixtures in walls and floors
- Cut opening in walls and floors to accommodate pipe and pipe fittings
- Measure, cut, bend and thread pipes using hand and power tools or machines
- Join pipes using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement or soldering, brazing and welding equipment
- Test pipes for leaks using air and water pressure gauges
- May prepare cost estimates.
- Receive and complete work orders.
- Assemble and install valves and fittings. Install, sinks, plumbing fixtures, appliances and trim
- Provide training, mentorship and support for Apprentices as required
- Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience:
- Alberta-certified journeyperson or a recognized related trade certificate
- Some high school or High School Diploma preferred
- Ability to troubleshoot and rectify a large variety of operational problems
- Thorough knowledge of plumbing system maintenance and repairs
- A minimum of three years experience in an oilfield industrial environment / Industrial experience is preferred
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- CSTS and OSSA Regional Orientation or OSSA BSO (Basic Safety Orientation before December 31, 2018) or CSO (Common Safety Orientation after January 1, 2019)
- Good mathematical, scientific, mechanical and logical reasoning abilities
- Ability to get along well with others on a work team
- All applicants must have the ability to speak, read and write fluently in English.
- Valid Drivers License
- Clean abstract that is not more than 30 days old
- Comprehensive Drug, Alcohol, and Physical Demand Assessment
- CSO (Common Safety Orientation) or equivalent.
- Red seal Journeyman Certificate
Please note that some client sites require proof of full vaccination.
The Bouchier Group is pleased to offer competitive wages, a Health and Dental Benefit Package as well as a group Registered Pension Plan.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: until filled
Via: Apply on Line: www.bouchier.ca
Please follow us on Facebook at https://m.facebook.com/BouchierGroup/
The Bouchier Group would like to thank all applicants who apply to our postings. Please note that only those selected for interviews will be contacted directly. No Phone Calls Please.