Career Level Red Seal
Experience 3-5 Years
No. of Openings 1
Interfor is a growth-oriented lumber company with operations in Canada and the United States. We have an annual production capacity of 3 billion board feet and offer one of the most diverse lines of lumber products to customers around the world.
What We Offer
- Work-Life Balance: Work schedules that allow you to be home each night.
- Compensation: Competitive wage and benefits. Benefits plan includes: extend health and dental, life and disability, short- and long term disability, RRSP, EAP.
- Career Growth: Training, development, and growth opportunities in a stable environment.
- Culture: Interfor builds value for employees by providing a career where they contribute, grow and prosper. We bring out the best in our employees by offering long-term, rewarding careers supported by training and education, opportunities for promotion, and great benefits. We’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success.
What You’ll Do
- Preventive maintenance and repair of saw and planer mill equipment.
- Breakdown repairs of saw and planer mill equipment.
- Set up and calibration on planer mill equipment.
- Install machinery and equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, and other drawings.
- Work in a safe and efficient manner, following all safety rules and regulations.
What You Offer
- Red Seal Millwright or Planer Technician certification required.
- Strong safety background.
- Sawmill/planer experience an asset.
- Good technical, problem solving and trouble-shooting skills.
- Mechanical/electrical aptitude.
Interested in being a part of our team? We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug & alcohol test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.