Career Level Red Seal
Experience Previous Experience
No. of Openings 1+
Rundle Construction Inc. is currently looking for experienced Large Diameter Pipeline Welders for Section 5B of the Transmountain Expansion Project located near Hope, BC. Welders require experience in performing welding on pipelines with diameters greater than 24 inches.
- Operate manual or semi-automatic flame-cutting equipment.
- Operate metal shaping machines such as brakes, shears and other metal straightening and bending machines.
- Use appropriate hand and power tools to properly measure, cut, assemble, weld and install all types of pipe.
- Use grinder to smooth out, weld, or grind parts prior to welding.
- Repair improperly welded sections of pipe.
- Position and clamp work pieces together or assemble them in a jig fixture.
- Read and interpret blueprints or welding process specifications.
- Perform Pipe welding utilizing SMAW, Semi-Auto with RMD root welding procedures.
- Clean and checks for defects.
- Follow and adhere to the parameters listed within the Welding Procedure.
- Perform pipeline welding above ground and within the excavation where required.
- Inspect subordinate’s work for compliance with the contract plans and specifications, point out deficiencies and explain, and take any corrective action needed.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Interprovincial Red Seal or a Journeyman Welder ticket from a recognized provincial training authority.
- A valid “B” pressure (Alberta) or Class “A” (British Columbia) ticket.
- Must have a Carbon Steel Performance Qualification ticket for SMAW F3/F4.
- Experience in welding pipe larger than 24” is a requirement.
- Experience using the RMD process for Root pass is a definite asset.
- Previous experience operating mechanized welding systems is highly preferred.
- Experience using a low hydrogen downhill progression welding consumable.
- A valid CWB all positions ticket will be considered an asset.
- Must have previous welding experience in a mainline pipeline project.
- Must have PCST, CSTS, WHIMIS.
- Pre-access drug and alcohol testing required.
- Monday to Saturday (6 and1).
- Up to 12 hours per day.
- Position may move to a remote location along the right of way.
Please apply with resume and specify the position you are applying for in the subject line.