Career Level Red Seal
Experience 5-7 Years
No. of Openings 1+
Rundle Construction Inc. is currently looking for experienced Pipefitters for Section 5B of the Transmountain Expansion Project located near Hope, BC. Experience in the pipeline industry and working on large diameter pipelines greater than 24 inches is considered an asset. The main accountabilities of this position will be installing, assembling, fabricating, maintaining, and repairing mechanical piping systems.
- Cut, thread and hammer pipe to specifications, using tools such as saws, cutting torches, and pipe threaders and benders.
- Assemble and secure pipes, tubes, fittings, and related equipment, according to specifications, by welding, brazing, cementing, soldering, and threading joints.
- Join pipe sections using brackets, clamps, tools, or welding equipment.
- Inspect, examine and test installed systems and pipelines using pressure gauge, hydrostatic testing, observation, or other methods.
- Measure and mark pipes for cutting and threading.
- Lay out full scale drawings of pipe systems, supports, and related equipment, following blueprints.
- Plan pipe system layout, installation, or repair according to specifications.
- Select pipe sizes and types and related materials, such as supports, hangers, and hydraulic cylinders, according to specifications.
- Operate two-way radios and other communication equipment.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Interprovincial Red Seal or a Journeyman Pipefitter ticket from a recognized provincial training authority.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a Pipefitter in pipeline construction, oil and gas or linear infrastructure industries.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Ability to concentrate on detailed work for long periods.
- Good vision and hand-eye coordination.
- Good hand-eye coordination.
- Knowledge of workplace safety requirements and procedures including but not limited to backing up procedures, use of spotters, signage, incident reporting, required personal protective equipment and lifting of heavy loads.
- Must have PCST, CSTS, WHIMIS.
- Pre-access drug and alcohol testing required.
- Monday to Saturday (6 and 1).
- Up to 12 hours per day.
- Position may move to a remote location along the right of way.
Please apply with resume and specify the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” when applying for this position.