Career Level Journeyperson
Experience Previous Experience
Posting ID JR-3003
No. of Openings 1+
Stuart Olson has been positively impacting the businesses we serve, the communities in which we operate, and the lives we touch since 1911. Our rich history demonstrates our reach and diversity as an integrated, full-service organization serving the commercial and industrial markets.
Specializing in Turnaround and Maintenance services in the Industrial sector, Stuart Olson has proudly served the Canadian construction industry for over 100 years. We deliver confidence through a client-centered approach that ensures the highest quality of service, reducing risk, and delivering results.
Stuart Olson is currently seeking Pipefitters for an immediate start date. This is a long-term maintenance based position with a 7 on, 7 off shift
This position is based in Cold Lake, AB. Preference will be given to local candidates.
Compensation and Benefits
- Compensation is above industry average and increases with experience
- Benefits include RRSP, Health and Dental
Reporting to the Foreman, the Journeyman Pipefitter will be responsible for:
- Maintain and repair piping systems which carry water, steam, chemicals or fuel used in heating, cooling, lubricating and other processes.
- Maintain and repair pressurized piping systems.
- Hydro test and install fabricated pipe spools within structural steel modular assemblies, adding designed supports as required.
- Maintain all tools, work area and equipment in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Read and interpret client and company supplied construction fabrication drawings and specifications.
- Ensure work areas are kept clean and free of hazards.
- Ensure tools and equipment are returned to job boxes and tool cribs.
- Report all incidents, “near miss” incidents including damages/non-damage, injury/non-injury incidents.
- Review and participate in the preparation of safe work practices/procedures as required.
- Other tasks and labor duties as required on the jobsite.
- Work to begin immediately
- Working both indoors and outdoors in hot and cold weather conditions
- Working at heights
- Working in and around noise and dust
- Must be clean shaven
- Personal safety equipment will be required, e.g. steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.
- LOA not provided
- Travel not provided
- Journeyman Pipefitter ticket
- Valid driver’s license
- H2S Alive
- Common Safety Orientation (CSO)
- Confined Spaces
- Fall Protection
- Experience in heavy oil operating environment
- Experience in maintenance processes an asset
- Ability to take direction and follow through on instructions
- Positive attitude to safety
- Ability to work collaboratively with a positive attitude
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Pre-site Drug and Alcohol testing
- Stand or walk for long periods of time
- Ability to stand, crouch, and kneel for long periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 25kg
- Climbing stairs/ladders regularly
- Exposure to hazards such as heights, power tools, slips, falls, falling objects, and sharp hand tools
- Work with full face mask in CSE
Safety, sustainability, collaboration, and integrity are core company values that encourage innovation and make a lasting difference in meeting the goals of our stakeholders and the communities in which we operate. We strongly support and encourage employees to get involved and give back in their local communities. We expect our employees to bring their best to work every day and in return, management recognizes and rewards employees for their valued contribution through competitive compensation, robust benefits, health and wellness programs, and learning development opportunities.
Who We Are
We are Stuart Olson, one of the largest and most respected construction services companies in Canada. A company recognized for its unique approach to doing business. A company who understands that a positive journey is the critical factor to achieving successful results. 4,000 people motivated by the opportunity to make a difference.