Career Level Journeyman
Experience 2-5 Years
No. of Openings 1
Teck is currently accepting applications for the position of Pipefitter. Teck recruits proactively to build a talent pool for current and/or future opportunities.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the Pipefitter is responsible for installing and maintaining piping systems.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Install, maintain and repair water and waste disposal systems and oil and air line systems
- Diagnose piping system failures in the processing facility
- Disassemble and reassemble system components
- Weld, cement, and thread joints to join pipes using soldering and welding equipment
- Valid Interprovincial Red Seal Journeyman Pipefitter Certification
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints and project specifications
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Small Water and Small Waste Water systems ticket would be an asset but not required
- Industrial experience is required
- Experience in a mining environment is an asset
- Able to work cross-functionality
We offer the chance to live and work in the Rocky Mountains, where year round recreational activities such as hunting, fishing, skiing, snowmobiling, and biking are unlimited. Our tradespeople work an attractive 4 days on 4 days off shift schedule, allowing for plenty of work/ life balance. Add to this, challenging work assignments and excellent opportunities for career and professional growth with Canada’s largest diversified resource company and we think you’ll find what you’re looking for.
Permanent full-time tradespeople are offered a competitive compensation package that includes:
- Comprehensive Benefits Plan including but not limited to medical, dental and vision
- Retirement Package
- Two Annual Bonus Plans
- Trades Retention Bonus
- Relocation Assistance
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Healthy Lifestyle Account
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.