Career Level General Labour
Experience Previous Experience
Posting ID PARTT01576
No. of Openings 1
BC Tree Fruits is currently seeking motivated, energetic, and dedicated individuals to work at our Oliver location as Production Line Workers for both the day shift and afternoon shift. This position is a great source of income during school, a way to gain great experience and get your foot in the door with a local company, or for someone simply looking for steady and rewarding work!
Why Work with BC Tree Fruits?
Agriculture has been foundational to the development of the Okanagan Valley and at BC Tree Fruits, we want to continue that legacy as the Valley grows and evolves. BC Tree Fruits has been bringing the communities of the Okanagan Valley together with our delicious, top of the line fruits since 1936, something we will continue to do for decades to come. The BC Tree Fruits Cooperative is owned by fruit growers throughout the entire Okanagan Valley, employs approximately 500 employees, and operates multiple facilities. Our 300 plus LOCAL grower families work together in the BC Tree Fruits Cooperative as part of a larger community. Each grower nurtures their orchards to create the best possible fruit, and by supporting our growers we get to watch the local agriculture COMMUNITY thrive.
Throughout our 85 years in the business, a lot has changed but people’s love for FRESH local Okanagan Fruit is not one of them! The BC Tree Fruits Cooperative is ‘turning a new leaf’ and is ready to take on the challenges and opportunities of our ever-evolving industry. New technologies have allowed for fruit to be in season all year long, making our business more stable and reliable than ever. As we learnt this past year, certain things are essential, and others are not. Our business at BC Tree Fruits is essential and we need devoted and passionate people to join our team. So if fresh, local, and community driven are important values to you, we would encourage you to consider a career at BC Tree Fruits.
- Adhering to safe work procedures and food safety requirements at all times
- Sorting fruit to meet Government and/or Industry Grade Standards
- Filling bags, trays, boxes or totes as well as consumer package and bulk filling
- Operating in a safe and efficient manner by following proper safe work procedures
- Performing work at each station of the tray line area(s)
- Operate machinery and controls at the various work stations as trained
- Additional duties as assigned by the Supervisor or Safety Staff
The Ideal Candidate
- Ability to work in a team focused environment with a positive attitude and energy
- Ability to work in a physically demanding environment including repeated lifting of up to 15 pounds
- Ability to communicate effectively with all employees and supervisors
- Have a good work record and above average attendance
- Be comfortable working with and around machinery
- Must be 15+ years of age
The wage for this position is $18.71/hour for day shift (7am – 3:30pm) or $19.71/hour for afternoon shift (4pm – 12:30am)
BC Tree Fruits thanks all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those under consideration for the position will be contacted. Visit www.bctreefruits.com for more information on the cooperative and future employment opportunities.