Career Level Equipment Operator
Experience Previous Experience
Posting ID PALLE001788
No. of Openings 1
Why Work with BC Tree Fruits?
Agriculture has been foundational to the development of the Okanagan Valley and at BC Tree Fruits, we want to continue that legacy as the Valley grows and evolves. BC Tree Fruits has been bringing the communities of the Okanagan Valley together with our delicious, top of the line fruits since 1936, something we will continue to do for decades to come. The BC Tree Fruits Cooperative is owned by fruit growers throughout the entire Okanagan Valley, employs approximately 500 employees, and operates multiple facilities. Our 300 plus LOCAL grower families work together in the BC Tree Fruits Cooperative as part of a larger community. Each grower nurtures their orchards to create the best possible fruit, and by supporting our growers we get to watch the local agriculture COMMUNITY thrive.
Throughout our 85 years in the business, a lot has changed but people’s love for FRESH local Okanagan Fruit is not one of them! The BC Tree Fruits Cooperative is ‘turning a new leaf’ and is ready to take on the challenges and opportunities of our ever-evolving industry. New technologies have allowed for fruit to be in season all year long, making our business more stable and reliable than ever. As we learnt this past year, certain things are essential, and others are not. Our business at BC Tree Fruits is essential and we need devoted and passionate people to join our team. So if fresh, local, and community driven are important values to you, we would encourage you to consider a career at BC Tree Fruits.
The Palletizer Operator is responsible for the carton pattern per pallet, including maintaining the machine and the area around the machine, and ensuring the correct number of cartons per pallet. All duties must be performed in a safe manner to ensure compliance with government regulations, industry standards and customer requirements to ensure both food and workers safety.
Adhere to all WSBC regulations and Cooperative safety procedures, including but not limited to:
- First Aid Procedures
- WHMIS Regulations
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Lockout Procedures
- Adhere to all pertinent Food Safe procedures as required and detailed under the Food Safety program and your training.
- Must be knowledgeable in safety and lock out procedures
Other duties as assigned by Management within the context of:
- Being responsible for the carton pattern per pallet.
- Being responsible for the correct number of cartons per pallet.
- Being responsible for loading supplies, while ensuring there is enough inventory nearby to re-load
- Ensure everything is loaded, strapped, and shrink wrapped properly.
- Operate the palletizer to complete product packaging according to customer/production instructions
- Maintain the machine and area around the machine in a clean and tidy manner.
- Report any malfunctions of the equipment.
- Working closely with Maintenance, Mechanics, and Supervisors.
- Must be very self-aware in a high-risk location
- May be required to work overtime at the start or end of shifts.
- Report any malfunctions of the equipment.
- Will be required to cross-train in all locations within this specific classification.
- Spitter Glue
- Re-load stretch wrapper
The Ideal Candidate:
- Be willing to submit to periodic proficiency testing as Management deems necessary.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with fellow employees and Management.
- Be able to work with or without direct supervision, individually or part of a team.
- Well organized with the ability to maintain and keep clear, detailed records with legible hand writing.
- Proven diligence in following all WSBC and Cooperative work safe policies and procedures.
- Be physically capable to perform all duties as required, including heavy labour and sustained strenuous physical activity.
- Must be reliable and maintain above average attendance.
- Must be able to perform tasks to the required standards.
- Able to work all shifts, including afternoons, evenings and weekends, 8 hour or 10 hour shifts, as required.
- Have the aptitude to operate equipment.
- Be able to read and understand instructions.
- Be a well-organized individual who is able to maintain their work area.
- Must be comfortable working with and around machinery in a team environment.
BC Tree Fruits thanks all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those under consideration for the position will be contacted. Visit www.bctreefruits.com for more information on the cooperative and future employment opportunities.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” in your application to this job posting!