Career Level Certification
Experience 2-5 Years
No. of Openings 1
Department Mining Tire Group
OTR TIRE TECHNICIAN
The Kal Tire Mining Tire Group has been servicing mine sites since 1972 where we quickly established a reputation for reliability, innovation and outstanding service. Our objective remains simple: to deliver services and products of measurable value to our customers. Kal Tire now operates in 15 countries and continues to grow every day. With our team developing, we are seeking an individual who is keen to progress in their career, passionate about leading people and delivering quality service.
The opening is located at Mount Milligan Mine and throughout BC and Yukon Mines for coverage 70/30 split.
As a Tire Technician in the Mining Tire Group you will be responsible for all aspects of tire and related service and repair for mining tires and adhering to Kal Tire’s work and safety standards. A key part of this role is setting the standard for service excellence within the industry and demonstrating the Kal Tire AIMS.
• Perform all aspects of tire shop work related to the customer sites.
• Assist mine maintenance staff as required.
• Perform appropriate maintenance of tools and equipment.
• Maintain appropriate tire inspection and maintenance programs on site.
• Perform after-hours call-outs and alternate MTG site vacation as coverage as required.
• Demonstrate and promote best practices for the customer.
Operational / Technical
• Dismount and mount tires for a variety of vehicles for the mining tire industry.
• Ensure that all tires are mounted safely and according to load requirements.
• Perform equipment checks and calibrations.
• Perform wheel alignment.
• Fit and remove wheels from any type of vehicle.
• Mount and strip any type of tire and assemble rims.
• Balance any type of tire and rim assembly.
• Perform repairs to tires and tubes.
• Perform Inspections and determine the suitability of wheel components to remain in service.
• Operate heavy-duty tire servicing equipment and tools.
• Conduct maintenance checks and ensure all work is done according to Kal Tire work and safety standards.
• Complete required reporting and logging of data, as required in TOMs.
• Ensure the warehouse is maintained in an orderly, clean, and safe manner.
• Assist in maintaining stock for tire-related equipment.
Health, Safety & Environment
• Ensure compliance with safety regulations and requirements.
• Ensure that hygiene standards are maintained in the facility.
• Report hazards, unsafe work conditions and equipment to your Supervisor/lead hand so the appropriate action to eliminate or reduce the risk to acceptable levels
• Report all incidents and injuries according to procedures
• Assist and co-operate with the site safety representative to resolve safety issues identified
• Use and maintain Personal Protective Equipment at all times
• Perform vehicle Pre-start checks according to procedures
• Actively participate in regular meetings and inspections in order to promote and improve safety in the workplace and document accordingly
• Read and confirm incident notices and other safety information conveyed to all personnel
• Comply with site emergency evacuation procedures
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
The Key Performance Indicators are evolving and currently include:
• All safety standards are followed and work is performed without incident to team, equipment or tires.
• Correct and safe use of tire service tools and equipment are performed
• LMS and Velocity used monthly as per guidelines.
• Tires are repaired efficiently to meet the needs of the customer.
• Team member contributes to the smooth operations of the Kal Tire Shop.
• At least two years of related experience with direct experience as a tire technician preferred.
• OTR service training and certifications desired.
• Experience operating and maintaining tire manipulators, forklifts, and service trucks.
• Experience working in an environment where safety procedures are a key part of daily operations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Able to physically perform the duties of an OTR Tire Technician safely.
• Able to obtain and maintain all applicable licenses, certificates as required to perform the duties as required to work at mine sites.
• Able to perform mechanically related tasks.
• Able to follow all safety procedures and work in a safe manner.
• Able to work in a results-oriented, fast-paced environment as part of a team.
• Must be a self-starter and willing to take the initiative, solve problems, be able and willing to work without direct supervision, and be willing to attend appropriate training sessions.
• Understand tire failure causes and analysis.
• Good communication skills and ability to express themselves well both verbally and in writing.
• Good literacy and numeracy skills.
• Secondary school diploma or equivalent.
• Additional certification and training preferred.
• Valid driver’s license and ability to comply with relevant insurance policies.
KAL TIRE AIMS
Must be consistently able to demonstrate the Kal Tire AIMS:
• Earn the trust of customers by providing them with the quality and value of service and products.
• Work productively, efficiently, and contribute.
• Work towards the expansion of the company and maintain competitiveness in the industry.
• Honesty and integrity.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply today and take advantage of the opportunity to work for an organization which prides itself on developing our 6500+ team members, providing exceptional service to clients, and making a positive global impact.