Career Level Entry-Level Training
Experience 1- 3 Years
No. of Openings 1
Training Provided Yes
OTR Tire Technician
Kal Tire is Canada’s largest independent tire dealer and one of North America’s largest commercial tire dealers with over 250 Kal Tire retail and commercial stores in Canada, warehouse facilities and 9 retread manufacturing plants. In addition, Kal Tire’s Mining Tire Group is a global leader in mining tire service and supply, servicing more than 150 mine sites across five continents. The company employs more than 7,000 team members globally.
Kal Tire is recruiting for an OTR Trained Tire Technician with a focus on providing top service to our customers by performing front shop service, off-site fleet service and roadside assistance. As the ideal candidate, you have a strong desire to be in the automotive industry, have a passion for people and understand the true value of good customer service. You will be working in one steel mill and all calls will be onsite. Reporting to the Store Manager, you will be willing to drive a Kal Tire road service vehicle that is outfitted with tools and supplies.
We will provide a thorough training program that includes hands-on experience, product and safety training, and opportunities for an apprenticeship are possible once you have proven yourself for a minimum of 12 months.
- Troubleshoot, repair and perform service work on a wide variety of commercial tires and wheels including removing wheel assemblies, dismounting tires, balancing, inflating and installation, reinstallations and diagnostics or OTR tires.
- Respond to highway and night calls in Timmins and the surrounding areas.
- Provide exceptional customer service and exceed every customers’ expectations.
- When not out on road calls, assist with designated in-shop service as directed by supervisor.
- Contribute to a safe and environmentally responsible workplace by following all safety standards and environmental policies while ensuring work is done on time.
Required Skills and Experience
- 1+ years of commercial truck experience is required.
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to problem solve on the spot.
- Methodical and patient approach and ability to pay attention to the details.
- Strong team player who is able to work unsupervised.
- Ability to excel in a physically demanding environment and comfortable lifting 50lbs at shoulder height.
- Safety mindset, willing to wear all required PPE, and follow all safety procedures.
Education and Special Requirements:
- A high school diploma is a minimum requirement.
- Automotive pre-employment program or high school shop experience is considered an asset.
- A valid class DG driver’s license.
- Must be comfortable driving and available to work in continental shifts.
Kal Tire offers a culture that fosters inclusion and respect. We are committed to providing accessible employment practices, in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the hiring or employment process, applicants/team members are asked to make their needs/requirements known.