Career Level Post Secondary Diploma
Experience 1- 3 Years
Posting ID R-059563
No. of Openings 1
Why join us?
SNC-Lavalin provides cutting-edge engineering, procurement, construction and financing solutions to projects in more than 100 countries around the world. From the Canadian Arctic to the Southern African region and Australasia, our multicultural workforce is driven by a fierce pride in their work and a pioneering vision.
SNC-Lavalin is truly a global leader in its field and has been chosen to design and build some of the most prestigious projects in the world.
Position is responsible for providing technical support to the Operations & Maintenance General Manager and other WRB Bridge maintenance staff, in the following major areas:
- Technical support activities associated with the development and implementation of annual highway Operations, Maintenance and Rehabilitation (OMR) activities
- Coordination of technical documentation and OMR processes with staff to ensure compliance with required policies/standards and contractual requirements.
- Coordination and general oversight of the Inspection and Reporting requirements for the WRB Bridge Project – Asset Management Program.
- Assist in managing and directing the delivery of the operations and maintenance programs.
How will you contribute to the team?
To perform this role successfully, the candidate will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Support the Quality, Safety, and Environmental management and monitoring required for the OMR of the W.R.B Bridge.
- Assists in the preparation, update, implementation, and monitoring of the various annual summer and winter highway operational (written) plans covering program activities for maintaining the highway corridor, signage, illumination, traffic guidance systems, and highway running surfaces according to MOT standards and contractual requirements.
- Participate in the tendering / procurement process for maintenance, rehabilitation and supply contracts and ensure field activities and reporting are performed in accordance with the applicable project plans.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly reporting.
- Assists in the recording and filing of project records.
- Assist and/or conduct highway asset condition inspections, condition data collection, including management of inspection data.
- Take ownership and manage the Computerized Work Order Management System.
- Work outside regular scheduled hours of work to Supervise and / or support maintenance and rehabilitation activities that are done at night to minimize impact to Bridge Users. Under normal operations this is generally equivalent to 1 to 2 weeks / year of pre-planned nightshifts.
- Provides backup as acting Operations Manager and/or Maintenance Foreman in their absences, and demonstrates tact, diplomacy, and flexibility during these short duration acting roles.
What will you contribute?
- Possess an Engineering Technologist or Technician diploma in Civil Engineering or demonstrated experience in a related equivalent area or field.
- Technically competent.
- Minimum of 1 – 2 years related experience in the highway and/or bridge maintenance /rehabilitation industry. Bridge construction experience may be considered.
- Previous knowledge of Quality Managements Systems and/or Health, Safety and Environmental Management Systems.
- Experience with and knowledgeable on various software packages (e.g., Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, JD Edwards etc.).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate solid decision-making, problem-solving, customer service skills.
- Analytical with strong attention to detail, timeliness and organization.
- Good documentation and organizational skills.
- Valid class 5 driver license.
- Experience with work at heights and confined space considered and asset.
What do we offer at SNC-Lavalin?
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy good compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (i.e., group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes.
- Competitive salary.
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits.
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes.
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.).
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP).
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire candidates with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a fully integrated professional services and project management company with offices around the world. SNC-Lavalin connects people, technology and data to help shape and deliver world-leading concepts and projects, while offering comprehensive innovative solutions across the asset lifecycle. Our expertise is wide-ranging – consulting & advisory, intelligent networks & cybersecurity, design & engineering, procurement, project & construction management, operations & maintenance, decommissioning and sustaining capital, and delivered to clients in four strategic sectors: EDPM (engineering, design and project management), Infrastructure, Nuclear and Resources, supported by Capital. People. Drive. Results. www.snclavalin.com