Career Level Supervisor
Experience 4-6 Years
Posting ID OPERA001457
No. of Openings 1
Enjoy the great outdoors and everything B.C has to offer at our largest production facility. The Operations Team Leader is responsible for the overall Safety, production, and cost performance of the plant as
well as managing the hourly staff in carrying out all production-related activities. The Team leader will build a strong
culture of teamwork and collaboration within the team.
The Operations Team Leader will be required to work 4 days on, with 4 days off. Night and day shifts will be required.
- Sets an example and provides leadership for safety and the overall safety
- Actively participates in safety programs including the use of SAI360 for recording safety
conversations, observations and training.
- Ensures employees are properly and adequately trained with the appropriate documentation.
- Maintains Drax’s high standards of housekeeping within the department and with the participation of all
- Utilizes MSDS for all chemicals used in the production and ensures all employees are adequately trained on
- Active involvement in Drax’s OH&S Committee.
Team & Leadership
- Supervise employees through the Pellet manufacturing process, ensuring compliance to Safety, Production,
Quality and operating policies and procedures.
- Support the Operations Superintendent with Recruitment and selection of Production team members.
- Ensures the proper training and safety of all new hires, New & young Workers program, Safety
Indoctrination, Onboarding, Job Specific Training, etc.
- Provide technical training to direct reports around mobile equipment, safety, confined space, Hazard
- Conduct annual performance reviews with all production employees.
- Complete administrative requirements including overseeing shift payroll, overtime signoff, holiday request
approval and any performance management required.
- Lead the first step disciplinary process where required including communication and documentation.
- Schedule all production employees in a manner that provides continuous coverage and meets the needs the
- Coordinate holiday planning to ensure continual coverage of necessary positions within the plant.
- Liaise with other Drax management including HR, Safety, Training and Senior Executives
- Manage the process and material flows of daily, weekly and monthly activities.
- Provide daily and weekly reporting through the work order system on key activities.
- Implements existing production plans and makes adjustments as directed or as is necessary to produce
products within the required specifications.
- Builds quality into all aspects of work by maintaining compliance to all quality requirements, completing
fines, bulk density and other testing daily.
- Develop and recommend improvements to facilities, equipment or procedures to improve overall safety,
quality and efficiency at the Plant.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of policies and procedures for all Quality Systems.
- Monitors the quality of incoming raw materials as well as the finished products by reviewing testing data and constant interaction.
- Establish and support a work environment of continuous improvement that reinforces Drax’s policies on Quality, Systems and the applicable regulations.
- Works with other Drax management to identify significant environmental impacts of plant operations, establishing goals and targets around significant environmental impacts.
- Schedules and or performs calibrations for plant measuring instruments which include weight scales, moisture testing equipment and other equipment as is required.
- Performs any additional duties as required and at the request of the Operations Superintendent.
Minimum Requirements (Experience, Education, Qualifications, Skills, Abilities)
- Supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment will be considered an asset
- Minimum of 5 additional years working in industry, in a manufacturing/industrial setting, preferably in Pellet
or wood products manufacturing.
- Completed high-school education; related post-secondary education would be an asset.
- Strong Leadership and effective people management skills.
- Experience in shift scheduling is an asset.
- Strong technical knowledge and experience (Manufacturing equipment, HMI, PLC troubleshooting an asset).
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with others in a diverse environment
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects at one time.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient with personal computers, including Excel and Outlook.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” when applying for this position.