Career Level Post Secondary Education
Experience 2-5 Years
Posting ID OPERA001725
No. of Openings 1
Rocky Mountaineer is the world’s largest privately owned luxury passenger rail service. Reporting to the Assistant Superintendent, Operations & Mechanical (ASOM), the Operations & Mechanical Supervisor (OMS) will be mainly responsible for executing the operating, maintenance, supply chain and servicing plan for the dedicated work location.
This position is deemed Safety Critical and pre-employment testing will be required. Final candidates must successfully pass a safety critical medical exam and will undergo medical monitoring as prescribed by Transport Canada.
Key Areas of Accountability
- Support change initiatives, assist team members to achieve individual, department and corporate goals
- Meet or exceed Operational and Capital Budget deliverables
- Support asset utilization strategies on overall equipment effectiveness, cycle times and repair metrics
- Supervise workforce resources effectively
- Conduct safety and performance audits
- Support maintenance and capital project deliverables
- Organize, facilitate, and document maintenance, provisioning, and servicing work orders
- Organize, facilitate, and document training for team members
- Support investigations and corrective action plans for workplace incidents
- Develop, execute and manage SOP’s and ensure efficiencies of all product flow strategies are efficient, and followed
Qualifications Education, Certification, Licenses
- Relevant mechanical, operational, or supply chain post-secondary education is an asset
- First Aid Level 1 Certification, an asset
- Valid Driver’s License
- Qualification and/or proven knowledge in safe heavy equipment operations such as forklifts, cranes, etc.
- Qualification and/or proven knowledge in safe small hand tool handling such as grinders, drills, etc.
- High attention to detail
- Experience in supply chain, an asset
- Project management/coordination experience, an asset
- Troubleshooting ability across a variety of different mechanical and electrical systems, an asset
- Experience in a supervisory role, an asset
- Effective time management and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with computer applications
- May require occasional travel
- Physical demands may require lifting to 80 lbs. on occasion
- Rail industrial site that requires walking and sitting throughout the day
- 24/7 operation that may require varied work schedules
- Indoor/outdoor working environment
This job description is not exhaustive of all duties and will encompass additional duties assigned. Responsibilities, title, reporting structure and duties may be changed in response to business requirements. Any such changes shall not be deemed as constructive or actual dismissal.
As a federally regulated transportation organization, all individuals will be required to present proof of vaccination confirming they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their employment.
Note: Reasonable accommodations will be considered if they comply with the medical or religious exemptions permitted by applicable federal legislation and ministerial orders.