Career Level Certification
Experience 5-7 Years
No. of Openings 1
Rate $46.51 Hourly
We’re looking for new talent to join us as we reinvent the future of energy. Across BC, we have a diverse team of more than 2,500 employees we can’t do without, yet we’re growing as fast as ever.
You may think we’re your standard utility that delivers natural gas and electricity, but we’re also into cool, innovative energy solutions. Think carbon capture, renewable energies and lower-carbon transportation for a start. We believe in creating a cleaner, healthier tomorrow.
If you like meaningful work, a dynamic environment and forward-thinking colleagues, build your career with us. You’ll get opportunities to grow, lead, solve, and create. So what are you waiting for? Let’s rethink energy together.
This position is responsible for support operations in the effective implementation and adherence to FortisBC health and safety standards, policies, programs, and procedures and to provide first aid coverage.
- Assist management to support and maintain compliance with FortisBC key health and safety principles, standards, policies, programs and procedures in the performance of job duties including work methods and safe work techniques.
- Provide primary level III first aid coverage for designated area.
- Fulfill “hole-watch” responsibilities to support compliance with confined space work practices.
- Facilitate generation worksite safety orientations for employees and contractors
- Audit and maintain critical tool inventory to ensure compliance with applicable regulations.
- Participate in Generation safe work practice committees such as Generation Lockout and Generation Compliance.
- Perform duties of a lower classification as required
- Grade 12 diploma
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license
- Occupational Level III First Aid Certification
- Completion of a one (1) year occupational health and safety (OHS) college or university certificate or diploma program.
- Five (5) years’ related work experience in Occupational Health and Safety
- Knowledge of Hydro Electric Generation environments
- Demonstrated ability to apply knowledge of internal and external safety standards, policies and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated ability to maintain effective working relationships
- This position is required to participate with internal key operational stakeholders in the area of job hazard analysis development
Our engaging workplace offers a wide range of challenging opportunities, while being safe, inclusive and diverse. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, while supporting life-long career development. We also encourage volunteerism and nourish the need to give back to your community.
The safety of our customers and FortisBC family members is our number one priority. Depending on the responsibilities of the job, some employees work remotely and some in office. To ensure the safety of our employees on our job sites, there is strict adherence to our worksite safety plans and social distancing practices. As an essential service provider, we’ll continue to follow the government COVID-19 guidelines and adjust our plans as necessary. As we welcome new employees, our commitment to safety remains for all of our FortisBC family.
To learn more about the recruitment process with FortisBC, please visit the You’re Applying. What now? page for additional information.