Career Level Certification
Experience 5-7 Years
Posting ID 1185
No. of Openings 1
We’re all about the craft.
KF Aerospace is proud to deliver innovative aircraft solutions for corporate, commercial and military customers worldwide. Launched 50 years ago out of Canada’s Okanagan Valley, KF has grown to specialize in a wide range of aviation services including maintenance and modifications, air cargo operations, military pilot training and aircraft leasing. With facilities across Canada, KF is home to a 1,000 strong, highly skilled workforce. Our passion for our craft fuels every project we touch.
The NDT Technician will be performing calibrations, non-destructive tests, and evaluations for acceptance or rejection determinations according to written instructions and record results. The NDT Technician is qualified to set up and calibrate equipment and to interpret and evaluate results with respect to applicable codes, standards, and specifications. The NDT Technician will be thoroughly familiar with the scope and limitations of the method of NDT being used.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Testing and Evaluation
- Perform Ultrasonic Testing (UT) and Eddy Current Testing (ET) inspections on aircraft, engines, and all related components to ensure quality or detect discontinuities (defects) in accordance with the scope and limitations of the NDT method being used
- Ensure test criteria are applied in accordance with applicable specifications or standards
- Ensure testing outcomes are evaluated for acceptance or rejection, organized, and reported on in writing
- Assist in the establishment of techniques for proper examination of objects under inspection, ensuring strict adherence to safety regulations
- Calibrate testing equipment and interpret results with respect to applicable codes, standards, and specifications
- Work closely with the Project Supervisor, Customer, NDT Team Lead and Management about identification and interpretation of test results, work priorities and progress of projects
- Actively participate in company safety initiatives, incident investigations, etc.
- CGSB Level II Certifications in UT & ET is essential
- CGSB Level I Certifications with RT, MT, PT is an asset
- 5 years of experience performing NDT inspections
- Ability to interpret drawing and other authoritative publications for NDT inspection
- Flexibility to travel away from base at times
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good report writing capabilities
- Computer skills in Word and Excel
- Completion of Senior Math or have had training courses in mathematics
- Good communication skills
- Team player
LAUNCH YOUR CAREER
As an NDT Technician with KF Aerospace you can have a rewarding career with a team of people who are passionate about their craft. You will be eligible for annual Performance and Wage reviews. In addition, you are also eligible for endorsement pay increasing with the number of NDT techniques you are certified to perform at different levels.
Full-Time staff benefits include (but are not limited to):
- Health and Dental
- Short & Long-Term Disability
- Health Spending Account
- Paid vacation and Personal time off
- The opportunity to bank overtime
- Pension matching plan and voluntary RRSP
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Free financial advice
- A bonus program based on organizational performance
HOW TO APPLY
Be a part of our craft. Apply for the NDT Technician position at kfaero.ca/careers today!
Please reference “mytrades.ca” when applying for this position.