Career Level Red Seal
Experience 5-10 Years
No. of Openings 1
Copper Mountain Mine is a large scale open pit copper mine located in south central British
Columbia. The mine has evolved into a mature and highly efficient operation with a long term
mine plan and significant opportunity for mine life extension. If you like to work with people in a
working environment to deliver results, and you enjoy an active outdoor lifestyle with easy
access to city life, this could be your opportunity.
Reporting to the Mine Maintenance General Foreman, the Main Maintenance Supervisor is an
integral part of the Mine Maintenance team at the mine site playing a key role in supervising all
truck shop crew maintenance activities.
- Oversee all truck shop crew maintenance activities
- Create and foster a positive work environment
- Develop maintenance personnel to create a learning environment for our
apprentices and team members
- Focus on equipment availability and reliability
- Assist in the preparation of the annual maintenance department budget
- Analyze the effectiveness of labour utilization
- Ability to work under pressure and resolve conflict and interpersonal
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills and lead by example
- Follow a planned work and PM compliance schedule
- Lead by example, and set clear expectations for safe work practices
- Ensure full compliance with all SOPs, and the Health, Safety, and
Reclamation Code for Mines in BC
- Use risk assessment process for managing safety effectiveness
- Follow all environmental policies and comply with all legislation
- Lead and Organize all crew safety meetings
- Red Seal trade certification
- Minimum five to ten years’ of related experience within the mining
industry, or an equivalent combination of education, training and
- Mine Supervisors Certificate or able to obtain within 30 days
- Previous experience as a Supervisor and/or lead hand an asset
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills with all levels of
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite and Maximo
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively with all
other levels of the operation
- Valid driver’s license
The incumbent will be required to reside in Princeton, BC
Consent to a pre-employment medical and drug & alcohol screening.
CMM offers a competitive wage, comprehensive benefit package, and RRSP contributions for
This is not a camp operation and therefore the successful candidate will be required to relocate to
the area. Relocation assistance is provided.
This is a 7 x 7 Shift (Seven days on, seven days off) with alternating day and night shifts. All
qualified persons are invited to apply; applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Send resume outlining related qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org (in either word or pdf).
Copper Mountain is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are
pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status,
Indigenous status, or any other legally protected factors.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however,
only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and
necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Copper Mountain
Mine respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information
- Please reference mytrades.ca in your application to this job posting.