Career Level Journeyman
Experience 3-5 Years
Posting ID 214066
No. of Openings 1
At PCL, we build the places where life happens and find camaraderie in the process. We’re a community of builders committed to building better communities. That’s why we’re always looking ahead, and not just to the next project or what’s next in our industry.
We’re also looking at what’s next for you and how we can help you build a career you’re proud of.
We are seeking Millwrights for the Capital Power Genesee Repowering project located near Warburg, AB with an immediate start.
Please apply for this position via the apply button or send your resume to email@example.com.
Work Conditions & Remuneration
- Must be able to work outside in various types of weather conditions
- Benefits provided
- Safety training provided
- 5/2 shift rotation
- 10 hours per day: 8 hours Regular Time and 2 hours Overtime per day worked
- 10% Vacation and Stat pay paid on each pay cheque
- 6% RSP contribution
- 2% Matching Pension
- Base wage ranges from $32.88 – $41.10 per hour
- $30 daily travel allowance
As a Millwright for our PCL Energy District, you will contribute to our team by:
- Working on an industrial power plant project
- Read drawings and accurately interpret and complete calculations
- Hoisting and rigging
- Setting turbines and center line equipment
- Following trade guidelines and regulations including provincial building codes
- Clearly communicating with superintendents, foremen, lead hands and team members
What you will bring to the role:
- Journeyperson or red seal with industrial experience, we will also consider hours with years of experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be able to work in a team or alone
- Must be able to take direction
- Must be safety conscious and adhere to all PCL safety processes and policies
- A negative Drug & Alcohol test required
- Other qualifications may be required
PCL is an innovative, safety-oriented company comprised of people who find passion in their profession and take pride in doing great work everyday. Our work powers the infrastructure and utilities that are essential to daily life and our projects are the scene of vacations, careers, education and healing. We are consistently ranked among the best companies to work for because we are committed to supporting and developing our teams.
The PCL Companies celebrate diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to an inclusive environment for all employees and applicants an will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or veteran status.
Should you require an accommodation during the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the position and location you are interested in.
Together, we can build success and a better future. Let’s get started!
Please reference “mytrades.ca” when applying for this position.