Career Level Certification
Experience 1- 3 Years
No. of Openings 1
Copper Mountain Mine is a large scale open pit copper mine located in south central British Columbia. The mine has evolved into a mature and highly efficient operation with a long term mine plan and significant opportunity for mine life extension. If you like to work with people in a working environment to deliver results, and you enjoy an active outdoor lifestyle with easy access to city life, this could be your opportunity.
- The successful candidate must have Interprovincial Millwright certification and will perform mechanical preventative maintenance and repairs working within the Mill Maintenance team.
- Duties include in working safely to repair and maintain all milling equipment within the mill building, internal and external tailings system equipment, pumping systems for underground water, and surface fresh water supply.
- The qualified candidates will be self-starters and be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Red Seal Millwright, 3rd or 4th year apprentices may be considered
- At least 1 year of industrial experience, preferably in mining
- Experience with SAG and Ball mills, conveyors, and gyratory crushers an asset
- Welding experience would be considered an asset
- Valid driver’s license is required
Pay and Benefits
- Copper Mountain Mine offers a competitive wage, a comprehensive benefit package including RRSP contributions, and tool allowance. There is no camp provision at Copper Mountain Mine.
- This is a shift position (7x7rotation) that will provide 24/7 shift coverage.
- All qualified persons are invited to apply; applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- You will be required to participate in a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and a medical.
Send resume outlining related qualifications in either word or pdf format.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Copper Mountain Mine respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
- Please reference mytrades.ca in your application to this job posting.