Career Level Ticket
Experience 1- 3 Years
Posting ID R8662
No. of Openings 1
You are a ticketed or non-ticketed Millwright in the production/forestry industry and will be responsible for sharpening all our chipper and Hew Saw knives. You are a problem solver and continuously look for innovative solutions that can be utilized on projects.
Join the Ledcor Resources & Transportation team in Chilliwack, BC.
- Maintain saw filing equipment and grinding
- Grinding knives and doing knife changes
- Maintain coordinated effort and communication to ensure mill runs efficiently
- Meet productivity goals in a safe and consistent manner
- 1 plus years’ experience as a Grinder or Millwright in the production industry
- Able to operate, repair and adjust saw sharpening equipment
- Must have excellent hand-eye coordination
- Experience with doing line ups on machinery
- Preferred experience with saw filing
- Self motivated able to work on different types machinery
- Willing to whistle chase Fridays and Mondays
- Record parts used and needed
- Must successfully meet pre-employment drug & alcohol testing requirements
- Applicants that reside in Chilliwack, BC and surrounding areas will be given preference due to the location of this project
- Schedule: 4- 10’s, Friday-Monday nights
- Working outdoors in various conditions of weather
- Benefits provided by CLAC
Ledcor Resources & Transportation combines our trucking, marine, and forestry operations to offer integrated supply chain services to British Columbia’s forestry and bioenergy industry. We produce and deliver biofuel, wood chips, and kraft pulp by land and by sea.
Learn more about our Marine Group at http://www.ledcor.com/what-we-do/transportation/marine.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” in your application to this job posting!