Career Level Journeyperson
Experience Previous Experience
No. of Openings 1
Relocation Allowance Yes
Location: Logan Lake, British Columbia, CA
Opportunity awaits! Reporting to the Mill Maintenance Supervisor, Millwright’s are responsible for repairing and maintaining site structures and equipment.
Come join us in the Highland Valley and enjoy a variety of recreational opportunities, such as hiking, skiing, fishing, and golf! The mine site is a 50-minute drive from Kamloops, B.C. which provides all of the comforts of city living. We are also close to Merritt, Ashcroft, and Logan Lake, which all exude a small town community atmosphere.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Preventative maintenance, machinery installation and machine repair
- Read and interpret blueprints, manuals or millwright process specifications
- Operate hoisting and lifting equipment
- Troubleshoot production problems and take preventative or corrective action
- Maintain a clean, orderly and safe work environment
- Must possess an Interprovincial Journeyperson Millwright red seal trade qualification
- Industrial experience is an asset
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be willing to work shift work
- High School Diploma, General Education Development (GED), or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license
Permanent full-time tradespeople are offered a competitive compensation package that includes:
- Comprehensive Benefits Plan including but not limited to medical, dental and vision
- Company Paid Pension
- Healthy Lifestyle Account
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” when applying for this position.