Career Level Second Year Apprentice
Experience 1- 3 Years
Posting ID R13335
No. of Openings 1
As a Millwright in our Cant Mill you can rest assured that your safety is our top priority, and the perks are endless!
Shift: Friday – Monday, 10 hours per day, or Saturday – Monday, 12 hours per day
Joining our team means:
– Stability in knowing you have long term employment and growth opportunities
– A competitive wage so you can comfortably provide for your family
– Benefits; Health & Dental and RRSP contributions, so you and your family feel secure in the future
– A Referral Program so you can enjoy the perks of working with friends and family
Click the link below to learn more about our exciting industry and come join our team in Chilliwack today!
- Operate, repair and adjust saw sharpening equipment
- Grinding knives and doing knife changes
- Troubleshoot mechanical machinery
- Maintain coordinated effort and communication to ensure mill runs efficiently
- 2nd Year Millwright Apprentice or higher
- We are also opened to non-ticketed Millwrights who have experience in the production industry
- 1 plus years’ experience as a Grinder or Millwright in the production industry is an asset
- Excellent hand-eye coordination
- Experience with doing line ups on machinery
- Self-motivated able to work on different types machinery
- Record parts used and needed
- Successfully completion of pre-employment drug & alcohol testing is a requirement
- Shift: Friday – Monday, 10 hours per day, or Saturday – Monday, 12 hours per day
- Must have reliable transportation to get to and from the Cant Mill
Ledcor Resources & Transportation combines our trucking, marine, and forestry operations to offer integrated supply chain services to British Columbia’s forestry and bioenergy industry. We produce and deliver biofuel, wood chips, and kraft pulp by land and by sea.
Learn more about our Marine Group at http://www.ledcor.com/what-we-do/transportation/marine.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” in your application to this job posting!