Career Level Post Secondary Degree
Experience 2-5 Years
Posting ID 6136
No. of Openings 1
When you join our team as a Millwright, you will repair, maintain, weld and adjust the equipment and machinery in the sawmill. Working in a sawmill, you’ll discover that they do more than transform forest products, they also transform our communities. This position offers $35.78/hr + a $4.25 red seal premium. This role will work 12 hour shifts and work 7 days on and 7 days off (Wednesday to Tuesday). If you’re on nightshift, you’ll receive a shift differential of $0.83/hr and will receive time and a half on Sundays.
What You’ll Do
- Repair equipment, conveyors, hydraulic and pneumatic components, automated systems as well as welding work, when needed.
- Inspect and investigate the cause of the failure or malfunction of machinery in order to perform corrective repairs.
- Install, optimize and/or adjust all plant equipment to maximize efficiency.
- Respond to emergencies when mechanical problems occur at the operation.
- Operate machining tools to fabricate parts.
What You Offer
- College diploma in industrial mechanics or vocational diploma in industrial maintenance (equivalent experience could also do the trick).
- Minimum of two years’ experience in industrial equipment maintenance (especially in the sawmill industry).
- Certified trade certificate/ticket Red Seal would be an asset.
- The necessary toolkit for this job.
- Be familiar with Occupational Health and Safety legislation.
- Efficient and organized.
- Analytical and concerned about the quality of work performed.
- Demonstrate collaborative spirit and initiative, ability to work in teams.
- Respect of safety standards.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package.
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.