Career Level Certification
Experience 2-5 Years
Posting ID 21-50E
No. of Openings 1
Department Baggage Operations Department
YVR is made up of a team of diverse people who are working collaboratively to Connect BC proudly to the World. Safety is at the core of everything we do; we’re innovative, fun, and we invest in our people. We’re a BC Top Employer for 14 years standing, with high engagement scores, an abundance of learning and development opportunities, and a holistic approach to wellness! And we’re looking for someone to join our team.
As one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, Vancouver Airport Authority strives for a workplace that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. We support the Employment Equity Act and take measures to ensure fair employment practices and treatment of employees across our organization. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, including women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities. We encourage applicants to self-identify with a designated group(s) to support our team in filling gaps in areas where we can be more diverse. We are also happy to provide reasonable accommodations throughout the selection process and while working at YVR. If you require support applying online because you are a person with a disability, please contact us at 604-303-3152 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Check out the reasons that make us a Top Employer at: https://canadastop100.com/bc/.
We have a permanent, full-time opportunity for a Millwright in the Baggage Operations Department. The successful candidate will be part of a multi-trade crew, and part of a broader multi-disciplinary Baggage Operations Team which is accountable for delivering the YVR baggage product to our airline customers.
Key responsibilities include:
- Repairing and maintaining mechanical aspects of the YVR baggage systems
- Performing all aspects of preventative maintenance on Airport Authority baggage systems and assets in order to ensure systems are available and are in good operating condition to process airline checked baggage
Key qualifications include:
- A BC Trade Qualification as a Millwright and/or Mechanic; preference will be given to persons with dual ticketed trades
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment, as well as independently with little supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills, along with oral and written communication skills
- Proactive and customer focused with a demonstrated ability to make safety a top priority
- A valid BC driver’s license
Shift work is required.
This position is open to both Vancouver Airport Authority employees and external candidates. Previous job performance will be taken into consideration for all internal candidates that apply for this position.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” in your application to this job posting!