Career Level Red Seal
Experience 3-5 Years
Posting ID MILLW001618
No. of Openings 1
At Drax, we are working towards a zero-carbon, sustainable future and you can help make this future a reality.
If you are a team player with excellent interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills, join the team as the Millwright.
So, what will you be doing?
In this role, you will be responsible for providing a diverse spectrum of duties and responsibilities with the common goals of safety, product quality and delivery of the plant. You will be reporting to the Maintenance Superintendent. As a Millwright, you will provide maintenance to various pieces of equipment throughout the facility. You will set an example and provide leadership for championing safety in all areas of the business.
The core responsibilities and duties are as follows:
Routine Daily Maintenance – 75%
- Providing regular and routine maintenance to machines ensuring safety, quality, productivity and environmental policies are held to the highest standards
- Install, maintain, inspect and repair a wide variety of mechanical equipment
- Work with work order systems
- Work with other trades like electricians in a team environment, to increasing safety, efficiency, quality and production
Shutdown and Strategic Capital Projects – 15%
- Provides assistance and expertise to projects including planning as needed
- Collaborates with other maintenance team members and Drax staff to ensure safety, efficiency, quality and timely execution of projects
Mentorship and Leadership to Maintenance Staff – 10%
- Champions the Drax Safety Program; active contributor in maintaining safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legislation and regulations
- Mentor in house Millwright Apprentices through their professional development
Who you are?
Do you have at 3-5 years of progressive heavy industry experience, are Red Seal certified, completed a journeyman apprenticeship in a relevant trade (millwright, electrician, heavy duty mechanic)? Then keep reading.
- A competitive hourly wage, with opportunities to move into different positions as you gain experience.
- A supportive team environment where you will continuously learn and grow.
- Great benefits that start from day one and an RRSP matching plan to support your personal and family goals.
- A company bonus plan which rewards overall Drax performance, safety, and scorecard benchmarks.
What’s it like to work at Drax?
If you like a working with a strong sense of urgency, can demonstrate a hands-on attitude and an attention to detail, come be part of a great team!
Drax, we’re at our best when we help each other achieve the things that are important to each of us.
We’re passionate about our role in providing a supply of stable, renewable energy and if you want to play your part, then why not apply today?
Curious to learn more about us? We recommend you connect with us on LinkedIn for more insights.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” in your application to this job posting!