Career Level Certification
Experience 5-10 Years
No. of Openings 1
Copper Mountain Mine is a large scale open pit copper mine located in south central British Columbia. The mine has evolved into a mature and highly efficient operation with a long term mine plan and significant opportunity for mine life extension. If you like to work with people in a working environment to deliver results, and you enjoy an active outdoor lifestyle with easy access to city life, this could be your opportunity.
Reporting to the Mill Maintenance Superintendent and working as part of the Mill Maintenance team, you will be responsible for the safe and efficient maintenance of all milling equipment within the mill building, internal and external tailings systems, pumping systems for underground water, and surface fresh and reclaim water pumping systems.
- Provide technical and organizational guidance to Mill Maintenance Planners, Supervisors, and onsite
mill maintenance contractors
- Responsible for site fixed equipment maintenance
- Work closely with mill operations as well as other groups and suppliers
- Create and foster a positive work culture
- Develop and execute on improvement opportunities
- Assure team members adhere to all safety practices and policies
- Analyze downtime and plan areas for improvement
- Coordinate with all departments to ensure purpose and direction regarding maintenance activities
within the concentrator and site services
- Plan and manage capital projects
- Assist in setting and managing budgets
- Manage the effectiveness of labor utilization
- Coordinate with outside suppliers and ensure that work is completed in a safe manner that complies
with all necessary health and safety legislation and regulations
- Lead by example, and set clear expectations for safe work practices
- Ensure full compliance with all SOPs, and the Health, Safety, and Reclamation Code for Mines in BC
- Use risk assessment process for managing safety effectiveness
- Follow all environmental policies and comply with all legislation
- BC Mine Supervisor Certification or able to obtain certificate within one month of start of employment
- Millwright/Industrial Mechanic Red Seal
- Minimum five to ten years’ of related experience in mill maintenance that includes crushers, SAG and
ball mills, maintenance planning, and experience in a large mining environment
- Previous experience as a supervisor essential, experience as a general foreman an asset
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively with other departments and
- Working knowledge of maintenance planning programs
- Valid driver’s license
- The incumbent will be required to reside in Princeton, BC
Pay and Benefits
CMM offers a competitive wage, comprehensive benefit package, and RRSP contributions for retirement planning. There is no camp provision at Copper Mountain Mine.
This is a Monday – Friday (5×2) position. All qualified persons are invited to apply; applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
You will be required to participate in a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and a medical. Send resume outlining related qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org (in either word or pdf).
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Copper Mountain Mine respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information
- Please reference mytrades.ca in your application to this job posting.