Career Level Ticket
Experience Previous Experience
Posting ID 2139
No. of Openings 1
Seaspan Shipyards is proud to be Canada’s long-term, strategic shipbuilding partner for the Canadian Coast Guard and Royal Canadian Navy. As a direct result of this work, while creating jobs and rebuilding our domestic shipbuilding industry, Seaspan Shipyards is delivering on the promise of ships built in Canada, by Canadians.
Vancouver Shipyards, based in North Vancouver, has a very busy and exciting year ahead, as we continue to make progress on the first of two 174m long Joint Support Ships (JSS) for the Royal Canadian Navy – the largest ships ever built in Canada! We are also constructing an Offshore Oceanographic Science Vessel (OOSV) for the Canadian Coast Guard and have secured significant contracts to build a second JSS, a Polar Icebreaker and several Multi-Purpose Vessels. These projects will bring long-term job stability for many years to come.
Now is the best time to be part of Canada’s shipbuilding industry! Join us and be part of the regeneration of the shipbuilding tradition and become a member of a talented, diverse team that is forging a bright future for Canadian shipbuilding at one of the most modern shipyards in North America.
Please send us your resume today!
We’d love to hear from you if you are a Red Seal Journeyperson Metal Fabricator OR have multiple years of fabricating experience in an industrial environment.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- CWB all position FCAW Tacking Ticket preferred
- ITA Marine Fitter Endorsement ideal
- Demonstrated passion for safety and environmental stewardship
- Good communication skills both written and verbal in the English language
- Ability to work positively in a team environment
- Demonstrated proficiency in reading and interpreting blueprints and drawings
- Demonstrated proficiency at layout and fabrication of metal structural parts such as plates, bulkheads, and frames
- Demonstrated proficiency in using jacks, turnbuckles, and fairing tools
- Need to be able to work in a construction environment involving confined spaces, working at heights, physical labour, and various weather conditions
- Must be flexible and be able to work all shifts
These are Union roles with Marine & Shipbuilders – Local 506 and offers an excellent health, welfare & pension package after the completion of 480 hours.
If you are interested in future opportunities, please apply online today; OR email your resume directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Seaspan is committed to Employment Equity, supports diversity in the workplace, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including, women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities.
By applying, you agree that Seaspan may share your resume with our Union partner, Marine and Shipbuilders Union Local 506.
Note: Unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
Seaspan is committed to Employment Equity, supports diversity in the workplace, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including, women, members of visible minorities, Indigenous persons, and persons with disabilities. Furthermore, we are committed to providing an inclusive and accessible environment. If you require reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know, and we will work with you to support your request.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” when applying for this position.