Career Level Certification
Experience Previous Experience
Posting ID R12545
No. of Openings 1
You are an experienced Mechanic Technician who is a self-driven individual and capable of working proficiently, both independently and as part of a team, without direct supervision.
Apply today to join the Ledcor team in Fort McMurray, AB!
- An individual must have a passion for safety and will be responsible for maintaining, developing, and creating dependable equipment throughout the site.
- Implementing continuous improvements, and supporting new system installations, production strategies, and plant reliability.
- Performs tasks including but not limited to: cutting and crimping of hose lines, disassembly of systems, plumbing hydraulic and pneumatic systems as directed, installation of related components.
- Assemble, install, remove, troubleshoot, and repair mechanical hydraulic and pneumatic mobile equipment components.
- Must be capable in analyzing conditions, technical troubleshooting through the process, identifying and repairing mechanical and electrical issues which prevent meeting the shift or weekly schedules.
- Assists & trains employees in electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic maintenance and the repair of machinery and equipment.
- Able to work with variety of Hydraulic machinery.
- Perform predictive maintenance techniques on equipment to enhance uptime conditions.
- Completes preventative maintenance and other reliability tasks, assist in diagnostics, repairs, and rebuilds of machines, partner with engineering or others on non-routine repairs and defect handling solutions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs, balance; stoop, kneel or crouch; talk and hear.
- The employee will lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Hydraulic & Mechanical Technicians with no certification should have significant training & experience with Hydraulic equipment or be a certified 2-3 year diploma as a Technologist/Technician or a certified Millwright, Pipefitter, Mechanic, Electrician or an Instrument Journeyperson with Hydraulic training & experience.
- Applicants who reside in Fort McMurray will be given preference due to the maintenance scope
- Camp and flights are not provided for this project
- Duration of the project is 3-5 years
- $50 Living Out Allowance per day
- 14/7 shift rotation working 10-12 hours per day
- Benefits provided by CLAC
- Work will be outdoors in rough terrain and under extreme weather conditions
Ledcor Pipeline offers a unique set of pipeline services unmatched anywhere in the oil and gas industry. From pipeline construction to investigative digs and subcontractor management, we are accustomed to operating in challenging terrain, and we maintain some of the largest pipeline networks in the world.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
View our full Inclusion & Diversity statement here.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” in your application to this job posting!