Career Level Post Secondary Degree
Experience 3-5 Years
Posting ID MANAG001771
No. of Openings 1
Rocky Mountaineer is the world’s largest privately owned luxury passenger rail service. We are committed to living our values: Create Meaningful Moments, Be One Team, Achieve Extraordinary Outcomes.
Reporting to the Assistant Superintendent, Operations & Mechanical, the Manager, Supply Chain & Logistics, is an integral leadership role for the Rocky Mountaineer Operations and Mechanical team.
The Manager, Supply Chain & Logistics is responsible for executing the operational strategy of the Kamloops Distribution Centre and enacting recommendations to improve processes. Specifically, the position is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the warehouse, including the purchasing, reception, distribution, and control of inventory. Additionally, the position manages the daily activities of the Distribution team by coordinating their activities, hiring, training, scheduling, and coaching team members. This position plays a lead role in driving safety performance, compliance, and awareness in the Distribution team through training, inventory management systems, 5S Lean processes, and budgeting.
What we offer:
- Competitive Wage
- Flexible Schedules & Work/Life Balance
- Complimentary Rail Passes
- Friends & Family Discounts for rail journeys and merchandise
- 100% employer paid extended health and dental and vision
- Employer RRSP Matching Program
- Bonus Program
- 3 weeks vacation to start
- High performing and supportive team
- Fun team events like BBQ and carwash fundraiser, golf tournaments, annual Christmas party, family Christmas train, and more!
This position is deemed Safety Critical and pre-employment testing will be required. Final candidates must successfully pass a safety critical medical exam and will undergo medical monitoring as prescribed by Transport Canada.
- Plan, direct, and monitor all supply and logistics activities to ensure a cost-effective flow of merchandise from suppliers to customers
- Effectively manage various GL lines within the annual operating budget
- Manage day-to-day supply and logistics activities to maximize the efficiency, reliability, timeliness, and cost effectiveness of the organization’s supply chain. Activities may include: materials planning and control, procurement, inventory management, storage, warehousing, logistics, transport and distribution
- Develop and implement schedules and procedures including the productive scheduling of team, tracking hours, work delegation and people management
- Allocate resources to meet targets in areas such as transit and delivery times; inventory levels; purchasing, warehousing, and storage costs; and service standards. Liaise with functional and operational area managers (i.e.: in customer service, sales and production planning) to ensure supply activities are integrated with other parts of the business
- Select and manage ongoing relationships with major suppliers, vendors, or sub-contractors to minimize costs and ensure satisfactory standards of service
- Seek suppliers and third-party contractors, evaluate their pricing and service offerings, and provide recommendations in the selection process to support the warehouse operation plan
- Lead the team to efficient picking and distributing to ensure inventory arrives on time, on location, on budget
- Monitor and provide guidance to third party contractors as per the agreed contract
Plan and execute space and storage needs, evaluate the efficiency of distribution processes & propose improvements
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, training, coaching, and performance of team members, including creating development goals and supporting corrective action plans
Develop and ensure the execution of necessary Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
Education, Certification, Licenses
- Bachelor’s degree or formal post-secondary education in Warehousing
- Forklift license
- Valid Driver’s License
- First Aid certification, an asset
- Knowledge of government regulations regarding rail equipment, an asset
- 3-5 years progressive warehouse management experience
- 3-5 years’ experience managing a team
- Supply Chain Management experience required
- Intermediate technology/computer skills related to inventory management
- Leadership skills that motivate and encourage teamwork
- Strong computer literacy and MS Office Suite skills, (MS Word, MS Excel)
- Excellent organizational skills, strong attention to detail & mechanical aptitude
- May require occasional travel
- Physical demands may require lifting to 80 lbs. on occasion
- Rail industrial site that requires walking and sitting throughout the day
- 24/7 operation that may require varied work schedules
- Indoor/outdoor working environment
This job description is not exhaustive of all duties and will encompass additional duties assigned. Responsibilities, title, reporting structure and duties may be changed in response to business requirements. Any such changes shall not be deemed as constructive or actual dismissal.
As a federally regulated transportation organization, all individuals will be required to present proof of vaccination confirming they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their employment.
Note: Reasonable accommodations will be considered if they comply with the medical or religious exemptions permitted by applicable federal legislation and ministerial orders.