Career Level Supervisor
Experience 3-5 Years
Posting ID MAINT001347
No. of Openings 1
Leadership & Management
- Champions the Pinnacle Owning Safety Program; provides leadership towards maintaining a safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legislation and regulations.
- Meets maintenance financial standards by providing annual budget information; monitoring expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions.
- Performance Management & Supervision; coach, give feedback, build relationships, troubleshoot, evaluate performance, discipline if required.
- Execute maintenance planning for both the short term and long range.
- Communicate Job Expectations and provide training where required.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures.
- Ensures all new hires receive Pinnacle orientation and training through the lens of our Values; new and young worker orientation program, DATS mandatory modules, technical training and cultural onboarding.
- Organize work schedules and assign work activity to maintenance team members.
- Maintaining HR records and documentation.
- Promotes the use of Job Hazard Assessment forms.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
Maintenance & Operations
- Ensure the maintenance of Pinnacle’s mechanical and operational assets remain in safe and superior operating condition and are employed in the safest, most effective manner to maximize operating efficiencies and financial return.
- Maintains proper inventory levels of plant stock items, critical spares, monthly inventory counts and consumables.
- Implementing production, productivity, quality, and service standards, drives accountabilities and resolves problems.
- Leads the safe planning and execution of site Maintenance shuts (monthly and yearly) in the Azzier CMMS system. Coordinates contractors to fulfill anticipated workloads during maintenance outages and emergency repairs.
- Evaluates functionality and reliability of plant systems and associated equipment by conferring with operating departments; identifying problems and developing/presenting solutions.
- Maintains function and reliability of Plant systems and associated equipment by implementing and proactively managing a preventive/predictive maintenance program; operating and testing systems and equipment; restoring, repairing, rebuilding, or replacing faulty or inoperative components and parts.
- Improves function and reliability of Plant systems and associated equipment by studying performance results; identifying, recommending, and implementing changes, expansions, and additions.
- Utilizes Root Cause Analysis to drive improved reliability.
- Strong ability to utilize a CMMS program to support and streamline purchasing, planning, scheduling and reporting of work. Utilizes this information to review cost, time and effort and make positive changes to safely reduce where possible.
- Good working knowledge of purchasing practices including PO’s and receiving of parts.
- All other duties and responsibilities as required and projects assigned by Plant Manager.
- 5 years of progressive Maintenance experience, preferably in Bio-Energy or Wood Products Manufacturing
- 3 years’ experience supervising a Maintenance Team.
- Red Seal Certified; completed a journey apprenticeship in a relevant trade (Millwright, Electrician, Heavy Duty Mechanic).
- Proven commitment to Owning Safety, both personally and through positive influence on all stakeholders.
- Effective leadership and influencing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with others in a diverse environment.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects at one time and on budget.
- Strong stakeholder management focus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient with personal computers and business applications