Career Level Post Secondary Diploma
Experience Mid Level
No. of Openings 1
Department Maintenance Planning
Rate $2,705 Bi-weekly
Training Provided Yes
- Prepare, up-date, and maintain master data for assets including changes, installations and removals of assets. Review facility history and data records to ensure accuracy and integrity of plant maintenance information in SAP master data. Perform quality assurance on asset records and reports for correctness; identify discrepancies and make corrections to SAP master data and initiate field checks as required. Review databases, purchase orders, drawings and other records to identify and resolve sources of errors.
- Assist others in the development, implementation and on-going operation of the designated asset management system. Identify and investigate process issues and problems, develop solutions and implement those solutions in collaboration with the maintenance team. Provide business process and system use support to the maintenance team including the development of procedure documents and presentation materials.
- Apply approved preventative maintenance and capital improvement programs and assistance to others regarding asset maintenance activities.
- In collaboration with management and the asset management team, performs governance role tasks to ensure adherence to standardized maintenance plans, procedures and processes.
- Review, analyze and assist in interpretation of facility history, plant/asset maintenance and data records for effectiveness and reliability. Perform reliability analysis; recommend capital improvements or maintenance based on economic and safety risk assessment to improve or maintain asset reliability. Release approved capital improvements, and operations and maintenance programs.
- Provide assistance in the implementation of process refinements, including repair versus replace decision models and related requirements for corporate records and master data updates and corrections (SAP, AMFM and FID List). Assist Information Technology Services to identify and coordinate maintenance and enhancements to systems and interface functionality; provide user expertise and participate in user acceptance testing.
- Validate, distribute and interpret standard and ad hoc performance reports to enable program improvements and provide information to support management activities. Provide support in the development of annual and long term capital improvement, asset renewal, operation, and maintenance plans and budgets.
- Perform duties of a minor nature related to the above duties which do not affect the rating of the job.
- Review SAP notifications and check for accuracy, validity, scope, and priority
- Develop detailed plan (resource, task list, bill of materials, budget, etc.) in order to execute corrective and preventative maintenance work
- Review Key Performance Indicators related to Integrity Management Program and provide necessary support to obtain desired results
- Completion of a recognized post-secondary Technology Diploma or related discipline. Must be registered or eligible for accreditation as an AscT through the Applied Science Technologists and Technicians of British Columbia.
- Three (3) years of related experience with corrective and preventative maintenance work planning.
- Knowledge and understanding of the types of assets owned and operated by Fortis BC as well as knowledge of the technical standards that apply to the operation and maintenance of these assets.
- Knowledge of computer systems, their operation, peripherals and environment.
- Knowledge and competency in using various software applications including SAP, AM/FM, Syclo, FileNet, Click Schedule and the MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Knowledge of field operations (Operate and maintain, work order execution, Emergencies, meter-to-cash) and maintenance processes including field reporting requirements.
- Ability to analyze information and solve problems.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Professional, courteous manner in dealing with others including positive interpersonal skills and the ability to work successfully in a team environment.
- Organizational skills including the ability to multi-task, prioritize and work under pressure during peak work load to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work in an unstructured team environment with limited supervision.