Career Level Red Seal
Experience 5-7 Years
Posting ID R9405
No. of Openings 1
You are an experienced Maintenance Foreperson with heavy civil mining expertise. You will be responsible for on-site personnel for the project and day to day execution of work, enforcing safety regulations, following drawings and blueprints on the scope of work.
Apply today to join the Ledcor Heavy Civil Mining team in Fort Frances, Ontario
- Demonstrate ability to lead team effectively in the day to day execution of the work, manage resources, equipment, and labour
- Plan and prioritize work to meet contractual deadlines
- Understand specifications, drawings, and surveying staking and able to translate and communicate this information into the physical operations in the field to ensure that the scope responsible for is being constructed to the approved plans and specifications
- Understands Ledcor’s contractual obligations for the specific area of responsibility
- Leads and mentors the team, responsibly, with motivation
- Reports to the General Foreperson any problems or unforeseen issues that could affect the project plan
- Understands and administers the terms of the Collective Agreement
- Understands and contributes to the adherence to the Project Schedule within a specific area of responsibility
- Supports the management team in ensuring quality for the client by providing the highest quality service.
- Works closely with the procurement team to take receipt and record appropriately the material and tools required
- Red Seal Heavy Duty Mechanic certification is preferred
- Minimum of 5 years’ industry experience
- Must have previous maintenance supervisory experience with heavy civil/earthworks or mining projects
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and a clean driver’s abstract
- Must possess a valid form of government issued photo identification
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug & alcohol testing
- Must be fully vaccinated and provide valid COVID-19 vaccination record (unless you have a legitimate recognized medical or religious reason for not getting vaccinated), or agree to submit to testing requirements
- Site based position within Canada
- Must be open to night shifts
- Work will be primarily outdoors in various weather conditions
- Benefits provided by CLAC – extended health plan (prescription drugs, dental, and other coverage)
Ledcor builds and maintains infrastructure in various industries including oil and gas, transportation, and mining. We’re experts in public and private infrastructure construction and maintenance. Our vast projects include: full-scale contract mining, earthworks, foundations, national highways, bridges, roads, waterways, dams, airports, underground utilities, independent power projects and site reclamation.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” when applying for this position.