Career Level High School or Equivalent
Experience Previous Experience
No. of Openings 1
The Hercules Group of Companies is a privately owned Canadian company, headquartered in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia; it is comprised of four distinct companies—Hercules SLR, Spartan Industrial Marine, Stellar Industrial Sales, and Wire Rope Industries Atlantic—with Hercules Machining & Millwright Services as a division of Hercules SLR. While Hercules has grown into a multitude of industrial sectors, we specialize in equipment, products and services for securing, lifting and rigging applications.
As an employer, we focus on continually enhancing the skills and capabilities of our employees and pride ourselves for building and improving upon our cultures of safety and dedicated customer service.
We are looking for a full time Machinist in Truro, NS. Reporting to the Branch Manager, the Machinist provides services both in our machine shop and on-site, using conventional machining equipment, CNC equipment and portable machining gear.
- Read and interpret blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals specifications or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work pieces
- Operate conventional machining equipment such as lathes, mills, surface grinders, etc.
- Verify dimensions of machined tools or parts for accuracy and conformance to specifications using instruments such as: micrometers, verniers, calipers, height gauges, depth micrometers, indicators, thread gauges, blank gauges and other specialized instruments
- Creation and repair of jigs and fixtures for both onsite equipment and production purposes
- Repair mechanical problems and problem solve
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment
- Travel required when performing on-site machining
Required knowledge and training
- Completion of high school or equivalent required
- Hold Journeyman inter-provincial Red Seal Machinist
- Experience as a welder considered an asset
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package that includes:
- Competitive salaries
- Generous RRSP matching program 5% (after one year)
- Full health and dental benefits (shared costs)
- Great schedule-Monday to Friday 8-5
- Personal & Professional Development Opportunities
- Fun & engaging working environment
- Free parking
Please note: Successful candidates will be required to pass a criminal background check; drivers abstract and reference checks as a condition of employment
Please reference “mytrades.ca” when applying for this position.