Career Level Equipment Operator
Experience 3-5 Years
Posting ID LOADE007447
No. of Openings 1
West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company, listed on the TSX and recognized for the ninth time, as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers. West Fraser believes strongly in promoting from within. Are you interested in working for a company that offers both a challenging work environment and a rewarding career path? Our Slave Lake Pulp division has an opportunity for a:
We are looking for a motivated individual to join our Log yard team on shift basis.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Maintaining a safe work environment
- Safely operate wheeled loader to transport and load chips into mill stokers
- Load pulp mill waste (sludge) into trucks for disposal
- Feed burner/empty bunker
- Maintain roads
- Work towards achieving operating target goals
- Facilitating the reliable supply of chips to the mill
Our ideal candidate will have:
- High school diploma or GED
- Proven ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational, and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
- Desire to learn, and succeed
- Physical ability to work 12-hour shifts
- Related industrial experience (loader experience) would be an asset
Slave Lake Pulp is a BCTMP (bleached chemical thermo-mechanical pulp) world leading producer and has a bioenergy plant that generates green power from biogas. We are looking for an individual interested in a long-term career with us. We offer an excellent compensation package including: a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and an outstanding pension plan. Our employees can expect a challenging, stable, safe work environment.
The Town of Slave Lake is located two and a half hours northwest of Edmonton, in Alberta. With a population of approximately 7,000 and regarded by many as “The Jewel of the North”, Slave Lake is a progressive, dynamic community. It doesn’t take long to feel part of Slave Lake’s welcoming community. For more on Slave Lake, visit: www.slavelake.ca
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
If this position sounds like the career for you, apply at www.westfraser.com/jobs click “apply now” in green at the top of the page.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.