Career Level Equipment Operator
Experience Previous Experience
No. of Openings 1
Under the guidance and direction of the site foreman or direct supervisor, the light equipment operator is responsible for operating light equipment in an efficient, safe and appropriate manner in order to minimize the risk of injury, property damage or loss of life while supporting construction activities
POSITION LOCATION/ DETAILS
- Project is at the Empress Gas Plant Complex, approximately 1 hour from Medicine Hat
- Start dates in July and August 2022
- Day shift and Night shift positions available
- Strike will provide daily transportation to and from Medicine hat to project site
- Pipeline and or construction experience is an asset
- Perform other activities at construction sites, as directed
- Must have Skid Steer/ Zoom Boom operating experience
- Attends and participates in various meetings such as monthly safety meetings, pre-job and tailgate meeting
- Experience with zoom boom (telehandler) and skid steer required
- Ground Disturbance
- First Aid & H2S
- Construction Safety Training System (CSTS) ticket
KNOWLEGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Capable of working well on a team or individually
- Capable of following directions that are spoken or given by hand signals
- Detail oriented with a mechanical aptitude
- Ability to work outside in extreme weather
- Must be capable of getting to the designated job site
- Valid driver’s license
- Must successfully complete pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
Who we are
Strike Group is a Canadian company with 15 locations in Alberta, Saskatchewan, British Columbia and Manitoba. Strike Group has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2007, and in 2013 was awarded Contractor of the Year by Alberta Venture.
At Strike we demonstrate leadership, drive, creativity and initiative and reward people for their commitment, energy, enthusiasm and results. We treat others as we wish to be treated and, most importantly, ensure that every employee goes home safe.
Why work for us
Strike encourages and supports professional development through education and mentorship. We offer comprehensive benefits, competitive wages, and opportunities for career growth. We support the communities where we live and the Strike team that makes those communities thrive.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” when applying for this position.