Career Level Red Seal
Experience 5-7 Years
No. of Openings 1
BRAAX Construction specializes in a diverse range of construction including concrete formwork, framing, renovations, remodel, new home builds, and multi-family units. As an employee in training, you should exhibit enthusiasm to learn, eagerness to build your knowledge, and willingness to put in the effort to develop your skills.
Do you dream about being your own boss without all the hassles of running a business? Does leading a team under your direction sound like a dream role for you?
Our ideal candidate wants to take this opportunity and hit the ground running, with a solid, reputable, growing company in the Okanagan Valley. We have company vehicles, we use the best tools and we are located in Kelowna, BC. BRAAX Quality Construction
We are looking for someone who wants to put in the effort and be rewarded for their hard work.
Experience is important, but your ability to learn quickly, having a passion for what you do and a feeling of responsibility and pride in your work are even more important. That’s what we strive for every day and we want someone to enhance our culture and bring value to the table.
You’ll be joining and assembling a team of carpenters, framers, and trades who value your experience and your dedication to the end result; which to us means client satisfaction.
This is a full-time position with a competitive salary, extended benefits, and a company bonus structure. We are also committed to ongoing training and mentoring with various career pathways available.
The Lead Hand is responsible for the smooth and safe operation of the team, helping workers meet goals, and mediating concerns with upper management. You are responsible to coordinate the team and applying company policies and procedures. Involved with, and supportive of, disciplinary actions brought about by supervisors. Other duties may include arranging for extra workers, evaluating the quality of work of team members, organizing crew tasks, maintaining work standards, resolving issues between team members, and mentoring apprentices.
We offer performance-based bonuses and a fast-paced environment with excellent benefits.
- Managing the team on-site – supervise apprentices and other construction workers
- Scheduling materials and tools for the week
- Coordinating with Operations Supervisor – daily site meetings
- Daily Safety toolbox meetings – reviewing site safety
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings, and sketches to determine specifications and calculate requirements
- Prepare layouts conforming to building codes, using measuring tools
- Build foundations, install floor beams, lay subflooring, and erect walls and roof systems
- Fit and install trim items, such as doors, stairs, molding, and hardware
- Prepare cost estimates for clients
- Approving hours daily – signing daily timesheet
- Follow all code requirements
- Filling out Workplace incident report
- Extensive knowledge of power tools, including skill saw, mitre saw, and jigsaw
- Possession of basic hand tools and reliable transportation to job sites
- Knowledge of lumber grades and countertop materials
- Promote and provide daily site clean up
- Ask questions when you are not sure
Education, Experience, and Skills Required
- High school diploma, post-secondary education in carpentry – Carpentry Red Seal
- Carpentry trades experience – a minimum of 5 years
- You know footings, foundations, framing
- Roofing and Truss experience
- Worksafe BC Compliant
- Valid BC driver’s license with a clean driving record. Experience operating a truck & trailer is an asset
- Self-driven with the ability to multi-task
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Possess good organizational and time management skills
- Reliable and consistently punctual with an eye for detail
- Knowledge of workplace health & safety practices and responsibilities associated with it
- Self-driven with the ability to manage and motivate others. Experience leading a team is advantageous
- Proactive, hands-on, roll up your sleeves, and do whatever it takes to get the job done attitude
- Contributor to a positive and results-oriented team environment with the desire to learn and grow
- Physical stamina to maintain a productive 8-hour workday. Ability to lift weight up to 50lbs
- Proficient operating skills of all major construction tools & equipment
- Provide all your own personal safety gear including waterproof outerwear and gloves
- Willing to work evenings, on-call, and weekends when requested
Please reference mytrades.ca in your application to this job posting!