Career Level Skilled Labour
Experience Previous Experience
Posting ID R6930
No. of Openings 1
You have extensive highways maintenance experience with strong leadership skills. Your safety-oriented approach, organizational skills and heavy equipment knowledge contribute to the overall success and safety of your colleagues and the travelling public. When it comes to teamwork, you are paramount in directing work, leading and motivating your crew to develop their knowledge and skills. You will be supporting the Foreperson and highways maintenance crew on various activities throughout the Beaverlodge, AB area.
Join the Ledcor Highways team today!
- Assist Foreperson with daily tasks including safety toolbox meetings, equipment inspection, and road condition inspection reports
- Support Foreperson in the planning of work to meet contractual milestones
- Monitor the quality of work performed by the crew
- Operate equipment on work sites as needed
- Help ensure health, safety, and environment related concerns are addressed promptly
- Must successfully complete pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
- Must possess a valid Class 1 or 3 driver’s license with air endorsement, and must have a clear 3-year driver’s abstract
- Must have knowledge of provincial and/or municipal highway maintenance specifications
- Must have professional written and verbal communication skills
- Must be approachable, ethical, and accountable
- Previous supervisory experience in a related field
- Snow plow experience is an asset
- Computer skills are an asset
- Applicants that reside around the Beaverlodge, AB area will be given preference due to the location of the work
- Shift work, on-call, and night shift as necessary
- Benefits provided by CLAC
- Work will be outdoors in various weather conditions
Ledcor builds and maintains infrastructure in various industries including oil and gas, transportation, and mining. We’re experts in public and private infrastructure construction and maintenance – from national highways to bridges, from airports to underground utilities and independent power projects. We also work on roads, earthworks, foundations, dams, power systems, and waterways.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” in your application to this job posting!