Career Level Entry-Level Training
Experience Previous Experience
No. of Openings 1
Reidco Metal Industries is looking for a laser assistant to join our amazing team! This is a full-time permanent role on our production floor. We have just moved into a brand-new 55,000sq ft. building. Enjoy a well-lit, bright, clean working environment amongst an incredible team of hard-working colleagues!
At Reidco, we do not offer jobs – we offer careers. We are continuously investing in training, growth and offer long-term, stable employment. We encourage putting your initiative and resourcefulness to work. We believe in empowering you by giving you the training and knowledge to complete your job successfully. We also encourage continuous improvement and fresh ideas to improve our workflow.
We offer a competitive wage, profit-sharing program, and a great benefits package.
At Reidco we are looking for laser assistants to support our daytime and afternoon laser operators. To the right candidates, this is the start of a career in metal fabrication. If you have little to-no experience, but a can-do attitude we offer training, a safe workplace, and the ability to grow your career with Reidco!
As a laser assistant, you will support the laser operation with duties such as the following:
- Unloading and loading material onto
the laser bed
- Verifying material grade and
- Material handling
- Driving forklift
- Quality checking laser cut parts
- Grinding/cleaning metal parts
- Physically fit, able to lift 50 lbs.
- Reliable and dependable
- Good attention to detail
- Able to focus on tasks
- Quick to learn
- Experience with shop tools (training
will be provided)
- Experience with measurement tools
(training will be provided)
- Forklift experience is an asset
- Day shift: Mon-Fri 6:00am-2:30pm
- Afternoon shift: Mon-Thurs, 2:15pm-12:30am (4x 10hour shifts, afternoon shift premium)