Please reference “mytrades.ca” in your application to this job posting!
Career Level Skilled Labour
Experience 3-5 Years
No. of Openings 1+
Department JFJV Site
ServcoCanada, a local Industrial Construction Company is looking for contract Skilled Labourers in Kitimat, B.C. If you are local, perhaps this is a position for you. (snow removal and dewatering is a contract role) 14/7, 10 hour shift contract Nov 1 2021 to March 1 2022
- General labour duties: site clean up, shoveling, raking, hand compaction.
- Shoveling snow for long periods, setting up dewatering pumps and hoses. Manual lifting and Operating walk behind snowblowers
- Load, unload and transport construction materials.
- Assist equipment operators with spotting.
- Perform duties of a flag person, direct flow of pedestrians, traffics and heavy equipment
- 100% Preferred to have some carpentry concrete experience
- Experience with pumps, generators, small tools, hand compaction equipment is an asset.
- Ability to read drawings an asset.
- Grading experience with laser or level equipment is an asset.
- Complete daily paperwork and participate in toolbox talks
- Promote, execute and adhere to the company’s safety program.
- Attend daily and weekly safety meetings and inspections.
- 3-5 years experience in industrial construction.
- Must be a team player.
- Committed to working in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ability to work outdoors in physically demanding conditions.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Excellent problem-solving skills required
- Good analytical ability and manual dexterity.
- CSA approved steel toed boots with 6” ankle support.
- Successful candidates are required to have personal reliable transportation, valid driver’s license with clean driver’s abstract.
- Must comply and pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
- Candidates must successfully complete orientation