Career Level General Labour
Experience Previous Experience
Posting ID R6738
No. of Openings 1
You are an experienced Labourer with at least 2 years of experience on Pipeline or Industrial Construction projects. You will be responsible for maintaining and repairing pipelines located in and around compressor stations, pumping stations, meter stations, tank farms, and right-of-ways by performing a combination of duties as a member of the crew.
Join the Ledcor Pipeline team in Alberta!
- Sets up work sites by installing goal posts and assorted signage, snow fence around excavation area, water pumps, egress escapes (ladders), etc, where needed and performs ongoing monitoring and maintenance of work area
- Assists boom truck operator in delivering equipment, material, and tools to work sites
- Assists float operators to make up and properly secure loads, and sets up/uses tag lines where required
- Manufactures and sets up berms around any equipment working close to a water course to act as a safety barrier
- Installs signs at all points where the pipeline crosses a public road
- Secures work areas to prevent ignition of gas by ensuring all tools, equipment, vehicles, and work areas are in good, clean working order by cleaning and organizing regularly and as needed
- Contributes to the creation of site and task specific Job Hazard Analysis’ and Field Level Hazard Assessments; attends and actively participates in safety meetings
- Studies terminology and components of pipeline operations to ensure a strong understanding of directions given on the worksite
- Studies client regional facility locations and accesses a more senior technician when necessary to assist with facility equipment identification
- Incorporates health and safety concepts into work activities and demonstrates concern for others health and safety (co-workers, clients, and sub-trades)
- Must have previous pipeline or construction experience within an industrial environment
- Must possess a valid full Class 5 Driver’s License from a recognized provincial authority (equivalencies will be considered)
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing
- Must be able to provide a clear 3-year driver’s abstract
- Must be able to perform physically demanding tasks
- Must have previous experience working with and around heavy equipment
- Applicants that reside in Edmonton, AB or surrounding areas will be given preference due to the location of this project
- 9 on, 5 off shift rotation working 9-10 hours per day, traveling to various sites across Alberta
- Working outdoors in various weather conditions
Ledcor Pipeline offers a unique set of pipeline services unmatched anywhere in the oil and gas industry. From pipeline construction to investigative digs and subcontractor management, we are accustomed to operating in challenging terrain, and we maintain some of the largest pipeline networks in the world.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” in your application to this job posting!