Career Level General Labour
Experience 1- 3 Years
Posting ID 821
No. of Openings 1
Launched in 1998 with nothing more than a used Caterpillar dozer and an entrepreneurial spirit, Bouchier has grown to be a leading provider of integrated site services to the Athabasca Oil Sands region.
From our head office in Fort McKay, Alberta and administrative office in Fort McMurray, Alberta, the company now employs more than 800 dedicated team members and commands a fleet of over 350 pieces of equipment.
With a strong belief in doing the right things in the right way, Bouchier is now one of the largest companies owned and operated by Indigenous peoples in the area providing contracting, construction, and general site services.
Type: Full-Time, Permanent * Start Date: July 1, 2022
Location: Fort Hills
Schedule: 7 on / 7 off
*Camp & Flights from Hubs Calgary or Edmonton
- Vacation pay at 6% – paid out bi-weekly upon start date
- H&D benefits
- $500 health spending account – 100% employer paid
- Employer paid Insurances
- RPP (Registered Pension Plan) with company matching
- Employer paid Employee Assistance Program
- Base Pay increase available based on performance and progression
- Safety Recognition
- Years of Service Recognition – Annual
- Bouchier welcome gift and company swag
- Overtime available but not guaranteed
The basic function of the Labourer is to perform unskilled Labour for all phases of operations. This position reports directly to the Shift Supervisor/ Labourer Foreman.
The Labourer is responsible to ensure that:
- All assigned equipment is operated in a safe and effective manner.
- All assigned equipment is kept clean in accordance with written standards.
- Any required repairs to assigned equipment are communicated to maintenance personnel.
The Labourer shall:
- Fill water tanks as necessary;
- Perform clean-up on site and at the working location;
- Install up signs as per highway standard;
- Be responsible for snow removal;
- Be responsible for ice removal;
- Working in hot and cold climates
- Paint if/when required;
- Store tools properly;
- Set up and operation of de-watering systems;
- Act as a flag person;
- Spot for loader and other equipment;
- Patch holes in walkways;
- Fix pads for cranes;
- Set forms for concrete pour;
- Cut grass;
- Shoveling Snow
- Pressure washer and steam truck operation;
- Perform housekeeping functions;
- Maintain a cooperative working relationship with customers and other employees;
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Shift Supervisor.
Education & Experience:
- No previous experience necessary. Preferred experience in the road construction or road maintenance industry.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License is a must
- Ability to provide a clean driver’s abstract
- CSTS and OSSA Regional Orientation or OSSA BSO (Basic Safety Orientation before December 31, 2018) or CSO (Common Safety Orientation after January 1, 2019)
- Ability to lift 50 pounds or more
- Safety conscious attitude
- Willingness to train on skid steer, sanding units, articulating trucks, packers, etc.
- Must be willing to work in fluctuating climates (hot, cold, wet) and environmental conditions
- All applicants must have the ability to speak, read and write fluently in English.
- Must be comfortable working on/in close proximity to water
- Ability to pass a Drug and Alcohol test and Fit for Duty test
- Other training that would be beneficial would be the following:
- Forklift Certificate
- Heavy Equipment Certificate
- Class 1
- WHMIS 2015
- First Aid
- TDG – Transportation of Dangerous Goods
- OSSA Confined Space Entry and Monitor
- Ground Disturbance
- H2S Alive
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until suitable candidate is found.
Please apply online: Via: bouchier.ca/careers
Main Office PO Box 6607, Fort McMurray, Alberta T9H 5N4
Please follow us on Facebook at https://m.facebook.com/BouchierGroup/
Bouchier would like to thank all applicants who apply to our postings. Please note that only those selected for interviews will be contacted directly. No phone calls please.