Career Level General Labour
Experience Previous Experience
No. of Openings 1
Strike’s Labourer’s assist skilled trade persons and perform labour activities at our various construction and project sites. Employees are expected to support and participate in a “culture of safety” and adhere to and be ambassadors of Strike’s Code of Conduct and Values, and to treat others with dignity, respect and fairness.
POSITION LOCATION/ DETAILS
- Crossfield fabrication shop and mod yard
- No subsistence
- Identify and report hazards or unsafe work practices
- Fuel equipment when needed
- Clean construction work areas
- Work with equipment and crane operators
- Assist pipefitters and welders with their work
- Perform other activities in yard and shop, as directed
- Participate in pre-job toolbox meetings to identify potential hazards and measures to eliminate or minimize them
- Correct unsafe acts and bring unsafe conditions to the attention of the immediate supervisor
- Return tools (clean) back to the proper area after the job is complete or at the end of the shift
- Ensure the appropriate use of Personal Protective Equipment while performing tasks
- Grade 12 or GED
- Standard First Aid, Ground Disturbance Level 2, fall protection, man lift training and confined space are considered an asset
- Must successfully complete pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITES
- Previous pipeline or facility specific construction experience is an asset
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Capable of working with small tools
- Capable of working as part of a team
- Fluent in speaking and reading English
- Must be able to follow directions
Who we are
Strike Group is a Canadian company with various locations in Alberta, Saskatchewan, British Columbia and Manitoba. Strike Group has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2007, and in 2013 was awarded Contractor of the Year by Alberta Venture.
At Strike we demonstrate leadership, drive, creativity and initiative and reward people for their commitment, energy, enthusiasm and results. We treat others as we wish to be treated and, most importantly, ensure that every employee goes home safe.
Why work for us
Strike encourages and supports professional development through education and mentorship. We offer comprehensive benefits, competitive wages, and opportunities for career growth. We support the communities where we live and the Strike team that makes those communities thrive.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” when applying for this position.