Career Level Equipment Operator
Experience 1- 3 Years
Posting ID LABOU001427
No. of Openings 1
At Drax, we are working towards a zero-carbon, sustainable future and you can help make this future a reality.
If you are a team player, adaptable to change, and have a hands-on attitude, join the team as the Labourer.
So, what will you be doing?
In this role, you will be responsible for providing clean up support and assistance as needed throughout the plant.
The core responsibilities and duties include:
- Responsible for performing a variety of construction, repair, installation and maintenance activities that support Drax’s pellet production systems.
- Operates a variety of equipment and tools related to maintenance and rail activities as well as performing related duties as:
- Ensure the highest level of safety standard, ensuring compliance with all applicable government regulations and corporate policies.
- Performs cleaning tasks per daily, weekly or monthly schedules or as assigned by the Plant Manager or their designate.
- Assists in safely and efficiently loading of rail cars.
- Assists in loading pellets and completing the necessary administrative tasks for shipping of pelletized pellets.
- Participates in continuous improvement and quality control initiatives.
- Operates mobile equipment as assigned.
- Reports safety incidents and or infractions.
- Assists maintenance staff or completes basic maintenance tasks when plant is down alone or under the direction of maintenance staff.
Who you are?
Do you have experience in heavy industry and a high school diploma or equivalent? Are you able to operate mobile equipment safely and efficiently? Then keep reading.
What’s it like to work at Drax?
If you like a fast-paced, changing environment, come be part of a great team!
At Drax, we’re at our best when we help each other achieve the things that are important to each of us.
We’re passionate about our role in providing a supply of stable, renewable energy and if you want to play your part, then why not apply today?
Curious to learn more about us? We recommend you connect with us on LinkedIn for more insights.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” when applying for this position.