Career Level Post Secondary Degree
Experience Previous Experience
No. of Openings 1
The Kamloops Pulp Mill is currently looking to hire a full-time Lab Technician to join the Technical and Customer Services team. The position is responsible for testing and reporting results on:
- incoming raw material
- final product quality
- in-process testing and troubleshooting
- training and assisting in other areas in the Mill
- You have completed a technical diploma or BSc degree in chemistry or related field (i.e. biology, bio-chem, micro-biology);
- Previous laboratory experience is required; pulp mill and/or environmental testing experience considered an asset;
- You are analytical and have logical thinking skills;
- You have good communication skills, both written and oral;
- You have strong computer skills (Microsoft applications); software database experience (QIS, ParcView, etc.) is an asset but is not required;
- You are known for your organizational skills, ability to prioritize and multitask, and have strong attention to detail;
- You are a highly motivated individual with a positive attitude and strong work ethic;
- You enjoy working in a team and can follow directions;
- You can work with minimal supervision and meet work deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
The Mill is located in Kamloops, British Columbia. Kamloops is BC’s Friendliest City and Canada’s Tournament Capital! Close to 95,000 people reside in this beautiful community that has a lifestyle like no other with 82 parks, over 200 lakes within an hour’s drive, close access to two ski hills and 13 diverse golf courses. The City is vibrant & growing fast, offers an extensive variety of services, businesses, leisure facilities and outdoor activities.
- Competitive compensation including an annual incentive plan;
- Flexible Insurance plans (medical, dental, life);
- Company-funded pension plan;
- Wellness program including health assessment and coaching
- Paid vacation/holidays;
- Employee Assistance Program;
- Employer-supported development and continuing education.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We invite women, Indigenous peoples, and members of visible minorities to apply. Thank you for applying. Please note only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.