Career Level Certification
Experience 5-7 Years
Posting ID KILNA003031
No. of Openings 1
Are you motivated by hard work, have a positive attitude and a strong focus on safety? If so, we want to hear from you!
Reporting to the Planer Superintendent, the Kiln Attendant / Certified 5th Class Power Engineer is accountable for ensuring that the site process systems and related equipment are functioning as efficiently as possible. This includes troubleshooting and maintenance of Thermal Oil Heating equipment, process piping, pumps, compressors, fire systems and other various process equipment.
What We’re Looking For:
- 5th Class Power Engineer Certification or higher;
- Lumber Drying experience an asset;
- Initiates and implements process changes with a view to safety and improving efficiency;
- Operates and maintains Thermal Oil Heating system and ancillary equipment;
- Strong problem solving skills;
- Maintaining records associated with compliance for environmental standards, Technical Safety BC standards and insurance standards;
- Commitment to working safely coupled with strong communication, leadership & interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work independently with little supervision;
- Assures 100% environmental compliance;
- Previous experience in a forest products environment considered an asset.
What We Offer:
- An unyielding commitment to your personal safety
- Competitive pay and exceptional benefits
- The opportunity to work with the best and brightest in the industry
- A positive, dynamic, and inclusive work environment
- An open, innovative culture with diverse opportunities
- A commitment to investing in our people through training and development
- The chance to live (and play) where you work
Want to know what it’s like to work for Tolko? Click here
Who We Are:
With state-of-the-art operations across western Canada, Tolko is a leading manufacturer of a wide range of forest products for customers around the world. For over 60 years, our family-owned company has been recognized by customers and business partners for being reliable, flexible, efficient and offering quality products. With the third generation of family leadership, we’re continuing that legacy today in our divisions throughout western Canada and joint ventures in the Southern United States.
At Tolko, our values, vision and mission aren’t just what we believe. They’re how we work, live and serve our customers every day. Fundamental to our success is a diverse and committed workforce that thrives on change, building relationships, and a drive toward excellence.
Grow Here, Achieve More:
When you join Tolko, you’ll develop your skills and be encouraged to pursue diverse opportunities with a company that’s built on integrity, respect, and provides employees with the inclusive environment, support and opportunity to build great lives.
If this position sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to hear from you! Applications will be accepted at www.tolko.com until the position has been filled.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” when applying for this position.