Career Level Journeyman
Experience 3-5 Years
Posting ID JOURN007419
No. of Openings 1
West Fraser is a leading diversified forest products company. Recognized for the eighth time as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers and one of Canada’s Best Employers for Recent Graduates, we continue to grow. Are you interested in working for a company that offers both a challenging work environment and a rewarding career path? Our Edson Sawmill located in Edson, Alberta has an opportunity for a:
The Millwright will be a key player in a company-wide continuous improvement effort through daily use of troubleshooting and preventative maintenance strategies.
- Work in a safe manner using proper PPE
- Maintenance of pumps, conveyors, compressors, mechanical systems, rollers & chains, bearings and hydraulics involved in the manufacturing process.
- Undertake preventative maintenance program for equipment
- Read blueprints, diagrams, and schematic drawings to repair equipment.
- Operate hoisting and lifting devices to position machinery and parts during the assembly, installation, set-up and repair of equipment and machinery
- Inspect and examine machinery and equipment and repair as required.
- Repair and assemble hydraulic equipment and cylinders
- Verify and document repairs made
- Use knowledge and skills to recognize opportunities for improvements and savings
Our ideal Millwright candidate possesses:
- A valid Inter-Provincial or Provincial Journeyperson Millwright Certification
- Ability to read blue prints, plans and schematics
- Mechanical aptitude; excellent problem-solving skills
- Commitment to working safely and creating a safe work place
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Organizational and planning skills
- Flexible schedule to work day, evening, weekend and graveyard shifts
Considered a strong asset:
- Previous experience working in a sawmill or planer mill
- A Red Seal Certificate
- A Welding Certificate
- Knowledge of hydraulics
West Fraser is currently looking for individuals who are interested in a full time long-term career. We offer an excellent compensation package including: a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and an outstanding pension plan. Our employees can expect a challenging, stable, safe work environment with career development opportunities.
Edson is located 2 hours west of Edmonton and 2 hours east of Jasper National Park. Edson is a growing community of approximately 9,000 permanent residents and has a full range of recreational and cultural facilities. People from Edson enjoy outdoor hockey, camping, hiking, hunting, fishing, downhill and cross country skiing, curling, kayaking, golfing and various outdoor and indoor activities. With a friendly “small town” atmosphere and some great recreational and cultural facilities, once you get a taste of living in Edson you’ll be hooked.
If this position sounds like the career for you, apply at www.westfraser.com/jobs and click on the green “apply now” at the top of the page.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.