Career Level Journeyman
Experience Previous Experience
Posting ID MILLW04801
No. of Openings 1
Department Maintenance & Skilled Trades
West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company and listed on the TSX. Recognized for the fifth time as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for 2019, we are a growing company looking for talented people to be part of our team.
Cariboo Pulp is a West Fraser and Mercer International joint venture located in Quesnel, BC. We are currently looking for a motivated:
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the Millwright will be responsible for troubleshooting, performing maintenance work, and working safely with all machinery within the pulp mill.
Our employees drive our success. We believe in providing opportunities for growth and advancement and are looking for someone who wants to build their career in our company. West Fraser believes strongly in promoting from within. In addition to competitive wages and benefits, we offer a rewarding career with full-time work, plus the opportunity for overtime. We also offer an attractive relocation package.
- Be a key player in a company-wide continuous improvement effort
- Troubleshoot, analyze, diagnose, and perform maintenance work on machinery
- Undertake preventative and predictive maintenance program for equipment
- Read blueprints, diagrams, and schematic drawings to assemble equipment
- Utilize knowledge and skills to recognize opportunities for improvements and savings
Our ideal Millwright candidate possesses:
- A valid Inter-Provincial or BC Provincial Journeyperson Millwright certification
- Heavy industry experience
- Commitment to working safely and creating a safe work place
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work independently with little supervision
- Flexible availability for overtime opportunities
- The desire to learn, grow, and succeed
Cariboo Pulp and Paper is a forerunning producer of NBSK pulp as well as clean “green” energy. Quesnel has a population of approximately 25,000 and features all major conveniences, including its own airport. Quesnel offers affordable housing, modern recreational and educational facilities, regular community events, as well as unlimited recreational activities for the outdoor enthusiast. It doesn’t take long to feel part of Quesnel’s welcoming community. For more information on the city of Quesnel, visit https://www.quesnel.ca/.
If this position sounds like the career for you, apply at www.westfraser.com/jobs and click on the green “apply for the job” at the top of the page.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.